Customised Items Requiring Approval before Shipping

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get an approval from customers before shipping. Even if that solution is outside of Shopify.

The workflow would be simples:

1. Customer customises the product

2. Place and pay the order

3. I receive the details, create a 3D image and send to the customer for approval

4. Client approve or make changes

5. I fulfil the order and ship to the customer

If you could also suggest an app for the workflow after an order received, it'd be great.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Marcel, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a really good question. I'm sure something like this is possible, but it would require some code customization work. I looked through some of the custom product option apps and couldn't find any that outright mention the workflow you are looking for. But it could be worth your while to reach out to some of the more established developers and see if something like this is a future possibility or could be worked on for you specifically. The apps which I feel come the closest can be found below:

If none of these is a viable option, your best bet would be to look into having something custom made for you by a Shopify Expert or developer. You can find the Shopify Experts directory here to search and find an Expert you resonate with for this. 

Any other questions, just let me know. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hello Marcel,

Looking at your desired workflow, the part the seems missing are steps 3 & 4, right? So you could just set your product to not automatically fulfill. Are you looking for something that documents the customer officially approving your 3D render?

Todd

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Nick, thanks for your answer. I've already selected the app for customization but thanks anyway. 

I'm looking for a workflow after the product is ordered. Mainly to get a design approval before producing and shipping.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Todd, thanks for your answer. 
That's correct. I'd like to get a design/3D image approval before producing and shipping.
I can do that by email but maybe there is another better solution.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hi Marcel,

I don't know of an app that will do that. You might be able to do something w/ a Zapier integration or with a help desk software like ZenDesk or HelpScout or a CRM like HubSpot.

Good luck!

Todd

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Marcel,

I am looking for similar functionality, did you find a solution to the problem? Did you go down the route of custom work with a developer?

0 Likes