Customize to bypass payment section based on a condition

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I was wondering if it is at all possible, to customize the Shopify checkout flow, so that based on a certain condition, that we can bypass the payment section, in the checkout flow, for certain users.  In other words, if the condition is true, in the checkout flow, the user would only need to provide the shipping address, then submit the order.  

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
288 0 222

Hey Quan!

There isn't a way to alter the checkout flow to bypass the payment area, although if your items are free it won't ask for Billing and you'll get a simple graphic.

Hope that helps! :)

-Alex M.

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for such prompt response Alex!  So my next question, if you don't mind, would be: is it then possible, to customize the checkout flow somehow, that if this certain condition (TBD) is true, that we can dynamically behind the scene, apply a promotion, to make the order "FREE", so that it would bypass the Billing section?

Thanx again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello, can you please explain how I can add free products in the store so that customers will not incur in the payment section requesting them to insert payment details? Thanks a lot,
M
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I would like to also know if this is possible. Would help a lot with the management of COD with cost.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello, i was wondering if i could sell without selecting a plan and i do want to add my credit/debit card

0 Likes