DHL Express Shipping

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hello - we're having a lot of trouble getting DHL Express shipping set up with Shopify. We tried ShipStation, but they were not able to provide what we needed.

We want our cusotmers to be able to choose DHL as a shipping option in our Shopify store. Has anyone done this successfully?

Instead of going with an app - could we just directly plug the DHL API info to Shopify?

Would anyone be interested in developing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 56

Hey Kate!

There'd definitely be demand for this, and so I'm somewhat surprised that it hasn't been developed yet. It's possible that we may be looking at adding DHL as a natively supported carrier in the future, but I can't really make any guarantees in that department.

Many folks use DHL as their carrier, but typically they set their own shipping rates up to allow for the cost of shipping a package via DHL. With that said, though, someone savvy enough with our API and DHL's API could create an app to integrate DHL as a real time carrier in the same way that we have an app for Canada Post and Australia Post.

I don't know, though. Any takers?

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4259 32 432

I am working on bringing DHL to Shopify. Will present the best possible DHL prices for merchants. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Any update on this? I see requests going back as far as February of 2013 in other threads. DHL is one of the largest shipping companies on the planet, it seems odd that it hasn't been added as a Native option, especially after all of the requests specifically for it.

We're currently using the Shipstation app and have added DHL support for our customers. While Shipstation supports DHL, it still relies on Shopify to do the work with the customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Just call your local DHL branch and ask for a meeting with a rep to set up an account.

You will get much better rates than shipstation offers you and no montly fees.

You will get a matrix from them which breaks down regions and weights and prices. Add some values for the regions you sell to and you're done.

Its a bit 'manual' but its pretty simple and quite quick to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

I've already spoken with my DHL rep, have an account, and have set up everything on the shipping end (Shipstation doesn't charge me anything to make the shipments, they just route it through DHL directly, same as UPS).

My issue is that to manually enter all of the possible weights we ship, plus all of the possible regions we mail to will take a lot of custom setup. I imagine I'm not the only person that wants to take orders from Shopify and ship via DHL. UPS and FedEx both have native support for secondary shipping packages, so I'm curious when we will see native support for DHL, as the setup wouldn't be much different than the work which was already done.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4259 32 432

I just made a DHL Express App that plugs into any merchant shop. It lets you take advantage of great DHL rates, and has a nifty dimensional weight system built in. 

No need to struggle with DHL shipping with this App. It's free too.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Sounds great, Hunky Bill. Where can I find it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4259 32 432

http://inexpress.herokuapp.com

Note that you'll have to deal with a DHL rep to get your account... etc.. .so don't expect instant gratification. If you already have a DHL account this may not be for you... and it is for International shipping... not Domestic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

I already have an account with DHL. Why would this app not be for me if I already have an account?

0 Likes