DHL shipping rates up 57% on shopify?

Highlighted
1 0 0

What happened to DHL international shipping on shopify? The flat $30 for most countries for a small package is gone it seems.

Example: ship a small 4x4x2 box 8oz from Los Angeles to Paris (no remote area issue): was $30, now $47.26

Our other DHL supplier's rates (inXpress through shipstation) did go up by a few cents in December, but they are still holding up at $28.43 for that same package.

I hope this is just a temporary glitch. I am disabling all DHL rates provided by shopify from my shopify store now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 7

I have also noticed that even on Plus, which is supposed to get lower rates than the Advanced plans, the rates do not match what is advertised. 

https://www.shopify.com/shipping/dhl-express

Now, the flat rates were promo rates for the holidays... but I think when they got rid of the promo rate, they put it back to an artificially high rate.

Support says nothing is wrong, but based on my experience and your post, I would say there is.

Shopify, please investigate and fix.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I learned this week that my rates, quoted through the InXpress integration on Shopify are inaccurate as a result of a change by DHL at the beginning of the year for residential deliveries. These deliveries now include a $4ish 'residential delivery fee which is not currently quoted in real time shipping estimates. 

Trying to run down how to get this fixed as it will be difficult to fix via shipping rates- no way of telling which customers are residential in advance.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the answer however

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
5 0 0

Hi Everyone,

We have DHL rates out of the US and Canada and integrate nicely with Shopify.  Please take a look and let us know how our rates look compared to the Shopify offering.

Thanks!

https://apps.shopify.com/netparcel

www.netparcel.com

Thanks, Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Shopify DHL integration still provides one of the most competitive rates when it comes to DHL. So there is no reason to shun them away. However, over the long term if you are planning to use a DHL account to get negotiated rates, then it is always better that you start shipping right now. Once you ship over a period of time, you will definitely be eligible for discounted rates. To use your own DHL account, you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes