DISCOUNT CODE NOT WORKING

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello,

I am just starting out with Shopify and I opened my shop yesterday. I created a code "FREEBIE" for my customers to use to get a free item... if they buy X they get Y. I noticed nobody was using it, so I went and test it and it isn't working! I have tried tweaking it multiple times and it still isn't working. I literally have no idea what to do to make it different. It's a one time use, one per customer, anyone can use it and it supposed to work as long as they buy one of my shirts.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.21.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.21.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.21.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.21.37 AM.png

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I've figured it out, never mind. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, can I ask what you did to figure this out? we're having the same issues.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
Hi,

It turns out you need to add the other product to your cart as well for the
code to work. So if you are offering Y product for free if they buy X
product, the customer has to add Y product to their cart as well as X
product for the code to work.

That is the only way I managed to get it to working properly. Very
confusing and annoying.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have had the same issue and you have answered my questions.  This is not good and i have no way of communicating this to the new customers trying to use my code.  There really needs to be a way that it is automatically added to the cart.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 19

I am sorry but that looks like a bug on side of Shopify that needs to be fixed ASAP. The title of the current implementation of ”Buy X and get Y” is just misleading. A better title would be: "Buy X and Y and then get Y".

I have a campaign running that says "Get a free gift with any purchase with discount code ABC". I used “Buy X get Y” to get a specific product for free if any product of a collection "All Products" has been added.

Now my inbox is flooded with customers asking why the discount code is not valid. It took me an hour of debugging until I found out that the gift already needs to be in the basket before the discount can be applied. That is just unintuitive in every way. Numerous merchants have stated this problem for years and nothing has been done by Shopify. Thank you very much :-(

1 Like