Default Shipping Option On Checkout

VinylCafe
2 0 9

Basically my issue is this. I have a collect option for my store which is set at $0. When costumers check out it is selected by default (as it is the cheapest). Many costumers simply breeze through the checkout process without noticing. This creates a huge hassle as I have to contact them and organise a seperate payment - very unprofessional.

All I need is to be able to select my own default shipping option! 

I see this has been brought up a number of times already but nothing has been done about it. See threads here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/shipping-method-choice-17902 and here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/manual-ordering-arranging-of-shipping...

I just can't understand why this hasn't rectified already as it seems like such a simple fix for quite a serious problem.

jayashleysmith
Shopify Partner
6 0 15

I'm having the same trouble,

Its crazy. It pains me to see threads like this were about in 2015 and now in 2019 we still can't have a simple re-order or default shipping method radio button.

Its the one thing thats stopping me from being able to deploy this system.

I have a customer I put onto shopify which works fantastic. Except they're now quite successful with over 50 orders a day. Half of those they are now having to chase the customer and explain the issue. Because most customers are breezing through and just seeing £0 shipping and carrying on. 

For god sake fix this, its 2019 shopify.

dphighland
Tourist
6 0 4

Shopify Team!! Hello!!?? Is it really a big deal to be able to re-arrange shipping methods so we may pick our own default? Or create a default check box? And some threads with this request have been going on for 10 years? Wow..., we also need a simple feature to select a default shipping method..

0 Likes
LisaNZ
3 0 0

Does anybody know has this been fixed yet?  I don't understand why there needs to be a default, surely it could be made an option that the customers need to select..  problem solved

0 Likes
FixOn3
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hello,

When is this going to be available.  It's a big problem that we can't sort the shipping rates or pre-select one.  People are submitting their orders with "Store Pick Up - $0" selected when clearly it's an out of state order.  Causing work and headache. Shouldn't be paying for an app for a simple functionality.

When will this be delivered?   Honestly problems/restrictions like this is going to drive me away from Shopify.

I hope Dev team and customer service read this thread. 

Mike

Raewyn
1 0 0

Hello,

Does anyone know if this been fixed by Shopify?  

I am so over contacting the customer and adding postage manually due to the default pickup.

0 Likes
LisaNZ
3 0 0

No I don't think so, I'm still having to contact customer's..  not very professional

0 Likes
PampasB
Tourist
6 0 0

Here is how I deal with it.  It helps, but doesn't eliminate completely.

In your shipping profiles, click manage rates.

In the "shipping from" section, for your default shipping method, open your shipping zone and un-select your state. Save.

Create a new shipping zone ("Create shipping zone" link) and only select your state.  Create a rate for your standard shipping AND one custom rate for 0$. Save.

This should only offer local pickup to people in your own state.

Not perfect, but hope this helps!

0 Likes