Default Shipping Option On Checkout

Highlighted
2 0 9

Basically my issue is this. I have a collect option for my store which is set at $0. When costumers check out it is selected by default (as it is the cheapest). Many costumers simply breeze through the checkout process without noticing. This creates a huge hassle as I have to contact them and organise a seperate payment - very unprofessional.

All I need is to be able to select my own default shipping option! 

I see this has been brought up a number of times already but nothing has been done about it. See threads here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/shipping-method-choice-17902 and here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/manual-ordering-arranging-of-shipping...

I just can't understand why this hasn't rectified already as it seems like such a simple fix for quite a serious problem.

7 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 15

I'm having the same trouble,

Its crazy. It pains me to see threads like this were about in 2015 and now in 2019 we still can't have a simple re-order or default shipping method radio button.

Its the one thing thats stopping me from being able to deploy this system.

I have a customer I put onto shopify which works fantastic. Except they're now quite successful with over 50 orders a day. Half of those they are now having to chase the customer and explain the issue. Because most customers are breezing through and just seeing £0 shipping and carrying on. 

For god sake fix this, its 2019 shopify.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Shopify Team!! Hello!!?? Is it really a big deal to be able to re-arrange shipping methods so we may pick our own default? Or create a default check box? And some threads with this request have been going on for 10 years? Wow..., we also need a simple feature to select a default shipping method..

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Does anybody know has this been fixed yet?  I don't understand why there needs to be a default, surely it could be made an option that the customers need to select..  problem solved

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hello,

When is this going to be available.  It's a big problem that we can't sort the shipping rates or pre-select one.  People are submitting their orders with "Store Pick Up - $0" selected when clearly it's an out of state order.  Causing work and headache. Shouldn't be paying for an app for a simple functionality.

When will this be delivered?   Honestly problems/restrictions like this is going to drive me away from Shopify.

I hope Dev team and customer service read this thread. 

Mike

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Does anyone know if this been fixed by Shopify?  

I am so over contacting the customer and adding postage manually due to the default pickup.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

No I don't think so, I'm still having to contact customer's..  not very professional

0 Likes