Default box/package size for buying shipping labels

Highlighted
1 0 1

We have many different sizes of products and around 20 different box sizes that we use for shipping. We are currently using Boxify to provide shipping estimates to customers and then buying shipping labels for UPS and USPS through Shopify. The problem we are running into is that, when we create shipping labels for orders in bulk, for example 20 at a time, Shopify shows the same default box size for all the orders, usually one of the smaller sizes, which is not the correct size for most of the orders. This then requires someone to manually adjust the box size for each order to the correct size, either based on their knowledge and experience (faster) or Boxify's Packing Geometry (slower). What we really want, though, is just for Shopify to display the appropriate box size for each order at the time of purchasing the shipping label, without having to do any manual adjustments.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hi @inpursuitoftea,

The "default package" selection has been a problem faced by most of the merchants. The request to add this feature is moving around Shopify for a while now. In your case, I hope the Boxify app solves the problem of the default package.

One of the workaround for you is to reduce the number of orders that you are creating labels at a time so that, Shopify might take up the right box as per Boxify's Packing Geometry (I hope Boxify support can help you with this). Another option is to use an app like our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you handle both cases. You can integrate your own USPS and UPS account and print the labels for multiple orders along with handle the packaging process. 

With the box packing method in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions. So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the rates accordingly.

I hope this helps!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes