Default shipping change

1 0 0

Don,

I also do not want my free local pickup option to be the default setting. If you would let us know if this is on the horizon, that would be amazing. Thanks!

---Chris

0 Likes
3 0 0

What do we need to do to follow through on this 10 year long feature request? I don't understand how something that's been asked for, for over 10years, across multiple threads hasn't been sorted out.

Does anyone know of an app that solves this? I'd happily pay for a solution to this obvious problem.

0 Likes
2 0 2

I live chatted with Sarah in support, linked to this dicussion and asked for involvement from support. Get a dialogue going with a timeline for resolution.

Sarah F:  

I would be happy to submit this to our merchant frustrations team as there is not currently a way to manually rearrange shipping charges, it is based on price

Matt Lundgren:  

price is logical but the problems that causes when a merchant offers local pick-up as a zero cost shipping option are great

Sarah F:  

Definitely understood! Happy to pass this along to our merchant frustrations team as we keep these things in mind as we continue improving the platform

Sarah F:  

Anything else we can help with today?

Matt Lundgren:  

please forward to merchant frustrations and get someone to update the forums as to how/when this will be resolved. -thank you

Sarah F:  

Have a great day Matt!

Matt Lundgren:  

you too

2 Likes
1 0 1

Sarah, any word on this feature. I could use this feature too. ASAP.

1 Like
1 0 1

Can we *please* get an update on this feature request that has been constantly requested since 2013 by many customers of your platform. As others have stated, it doesn't seem like rocket science to simply change the display order of the postage options. Certainly not something that should take more than 5 years to implement. 

This causes us huge issues as we have to constantly call customers asking for postage costs because the free option always comes up first and people just click through thinking they are getting free freight.

I hope somebody from Shopify monitors this forum and doesn't ignore this request for an update.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

We are also encountering this problem reguarly. 

Please address this ASAP

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi all,

Having the same issue. Here's the most elegant workaround (given the circumstances) I've come up with that avoids accidental free shipping:

- Make a coupon code set to free shipping, e.g. LOCALPICKUP.
- Add a shipping method notice — e.g. "For local pickup, use coupon code LOCALPICKUP" — under the "Shipping Method" header in checkout. Do this Theme > Language > Checkout & System > Shipping Method Notice.

The only detrement here being that they still technically select a shipping method, but it's "free". However, because the customer has to explicitly perform an action, it won't be accidental and they can't then insist it still be shipped because it's been declared that entering that code is intended to be a pickup option.

That said, I find it absolutely appalling that there has not been a solution to this feature request for 10 years. There are requests for it going back as far as 2008. "Don from Shopify" seems to have just given up on us all. The only options are a $20/month plugin or a $1000USD/month premium account.

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

We really need this simple update to happen, it's causing lots of us loads of grief!

0 Likes
2 0 1

I just submitted another feature request for this today. Support actually made a decent suggestion that I had not seen in all my searching.

Suggestion: Create multiple Shipping Zones. One zone for all states except your local pickup state and another zone for all other states. On the one for your local state offer Free Pickup.

I recognize this will still leave you open to customers within state, but out of pickup range, selecting the wrong option but it removes the majority of them.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Is there a way we can vote on feature changes within Shopify? 

I can't seem to find a section on the website where I can see this one to upvote it... 

0 Likes