Default shipping change

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hi here, I can see that this topic has been active since 2017 and we are now in 2020 and we haven't seen a single update from Shopify. Shopify we ask you to really listen to us, this is a feature that obviously is required by many and we haven't heard from you about it.

I hope we can hear more about this in your next events.

Cheers

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
There are similar threads that go back 10 years. 😠 Shopify need to actually do something about this issue. I've emailed, called, and chatted with them about it but it's apparently "not a priority" right now.
The stupid thing is that it's an easy change - they just need to simply not have ANY shipping options pre-selected and make customers select them manually. Better yet if we can adjust the order they show in.

I'm sick and tired of spending hours each day going back to customers as they've selected free pickup when they're not even in the region. And I'm only a teeny home run business so I hate to think how annoying this must be for bigger retailers. 😤

SHOPIFY - FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, MAKE A CHANGE THAT ACTUALLY HELPS RETAILERS AND IS DESPERATELY NEEDED RATHER THAN JUST FANCY UPDATES THAT AREN'T NECESSARY!!!!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 8
I couldn't agree more.
We send quite a lot of orders a day. Even after making pop ups to get people to 'confirm' default shipping is local pick up and we STILL get countless orders with 'local pick up' - I just can't see how it is a major change to have a default shipping option.... shopify is great but this is bloody ridiculous!!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
I couldn't agree more!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Agree 100%. We are running into this same issue and its affecting customers. Come on Shopify this has been around for ages. I see that you have a plug in app for Shopify Plus that solves this, but really its a pretty basic feature for smaller stores as well. I don't think this is an "enterprise only" option. So just let us get at that part of the app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 9

Shopify, we are also waiting for this functionality.

As a developer, I can assure you that it will only take a mid-level developer about 5 minutes tops (if he is drunk) to code this minor but important functionality.

Since it's been over 11 years the request was made... don't you think you could roll it out now? Maybe one of the developers could do it on their lunch break - while they're eating.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

Just so you all know - one of the helpful "Shopify experts" pointed out on another thread that anyone can have this option available to them at the bargain price of $299 a month. If you can't afford that then you should work on growing your business....(not my words). 

0 Likes
Excursionist
10 0 8
What a joke - I did find an app called 'Checkout alerts and warnings' and I'm using that as a warning 'IMPORTANT - DEFAULT SHIPPING OPTION IS LOCAL PICK UP - IF YOU REQUIRE DELIVERY PLEASE SELECT CARRIER BEFORE CHECKING OUT' etc... It works 90% of the time. Not ideal, but it does help all the same!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Seriously???!!!! So if they have the functionality but only for top paying experts it can't be that hard to bring it for everyone. Grrrrrr!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
That's good to know! For the ones that it doesn't work for, are those the Google pay and apple pay purchases by any chance?
0 Likes