Default shipping change

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Definitely! Does anyone know whether there's some sort of Facebook page where we could all put messages that might actually get seen sand give bad publicity until they do something? I've looked but can't seem to find anything that allows comments.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Joe hope my above posts helps you - please share to your business friends affected <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

POSTING AGAIN SO ITS ON LAST PAGE:
I figured out a free-working solution to this problem!!!

(PLEASE FOLLOW ALL 3 STEPS! The App alone is not enough)
Ok so step 1: 

Go to APPS > Search 'Globo Local Delivery Store pickup' > install app > adjust settings 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.37 pm.png<<< the APP IS FREE!

Step 2: 
Go to Shopify Settings > Shipping > Shipping Rates > Add Rate > Based on Weight > 93,998kg > 100,000kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.17 pm.png

Step 3: 
Go to Products > Search "Local Delivery" > change product weight to 93,999kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.43.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.46.20 pm.png
Problem Solved, No thanks to you Shopify...

If anyone is confused in these crazy times and needs fast help
(as I know I had to set this up asap for my business and we encountered this exact issue)
Please email me ditchworld@gmail.com and i'm happy to help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

^^^ PLEASE ADJUST &/or REPEAT steps for STORE PICKUP option

Tip: Make Store pickup product weight = 100,002kg & set shipping rate so store pickup is 100,001kg- 100,003+
It's easy for my store as i don't set weight on any of my products - so if you do you'd have to widen your parameters to allow for such

eg:
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 3.39.36 pm.png

Hope this all makes sense to everyone <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am really in need of this. I need to track the weight of each product, so I can calculate shipping. My store is still in production, but I can easily see some goofball customer not realizing that they have store pickup selected.

How can I change the default option?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 15

This thread makes me laugh, it was started in October 2017!

Shopify, your customers have been asking for a part of your software to be improved for all this time and as yet there has been no action on this.

To everyone on this thread keep paying your money to Shopify if you want (I don't anymore), the only response you will get is 'f@&k off, we don't care'.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Ugh, nevermind.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 8
No luck with changing the weight limit for me. Local pick up was still showing as default
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 15

At least I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this frustration. For now I've gone and removed my state from the US shipping zone and created a new zone for my state only and added the delivery options just to that zone. Same if/when we can reopen for in-store pickup. It's not going to remove the problem entirely of course but at least it will eliminate delivery requests from 1000 miles away (eyeroll). Meanwhile SHOPIFY WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS? This is such an easy issue to fix and implement and as others have mentioned, particularly now with COVID-19 physical retailers using your POS  in combination with their online storefront need and deserve this option.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 15

I just posted this thread to their Facebook page. I'll proceed with holding my breath. ;)

2 Likes