Default shipping change

2 0 4

We have a store pick up option (free) and a delivery option (paid) 
Store pick up is the default choice (I assume because it's the cheaper of the options)
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default shipping option to the more expensive option. 
Several of our customers are not noticing as they check out that store pick up is selected and they assume they are getting their products delivered which is troublesome when they have not paid for shipping. 

I started to install another app (Store Pick up) but I'm worried it will override out current shipping app (shippit) 

Any help would be amazing!!

Thank you!

4 Likes
2 0 0

I'd like to know too.  We have two options for shipping....paid - a flat rate, or free for pickup.....I neet to know how we set it to the paid option by default or I can forsee issues with people thinking they are automatically getting free shipping.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 31 69

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

I just wanted to jump in here to confirm some of what you had said with regard to shipping options. :)

These are in fact presented at the checkout in the order they are present in your Shopify admin.

There's no way to manually rearrange these currently, though we can file a feature request on your behalf to let our developer team know that this is something our merchants are looking for.

Thanks for letting us know that this is something you need to use in your store, we'll work on getting it added to a future build of the platform. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for the reply  - but is there any chance of this happening any time soon?
As a developer myself this really seems like basic functionality to add - but I see that people have been asking for this feature since 2013 on this thread - https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/manual-ordering-arranging-of-shipping...

Really hoping something can be sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks

4 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 2

I need this option we well! I've wasted time reading extrmely long responses from many years ago with no real resolution.

Shopify, please implement this feature soon!

Thanks.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

I really need this feature as well, my client is getting quite a few orders coming through with no shipping. People just either skip through quickly see FREE and click the continue button.

It is not a good look when the client then has to call them and ask for more money. Unhappy customers mean an unhappy client for me.

Please allow us to set a default shipping option.

1 Like
Explorer
50 0 28

I'd really like to see this, too. As it is right now, I think I'm going to have to eliminate our in-store pickup. It's the default option and customers keep selecting it (or, more likely, are not selecting anything). We can't keep calling customers and asking for more money.

0 Likes
2 0 4

Hey Don, 

It's Dom again. 
We love Shopify but this store pick up thing is so freaking frustrating! 
It's now 5 months later and this is still a big problem for us and I clearly for other users too.
We are losing money and customers because of something that surely should be an easy change from Shopify. - Don't know, not a developer but it seems like something that shouldnt be that difficult...
Is there any way you can push this feature request up the line at all?? 

Look forweard to hearing from you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Don from Shopify, perhaps you can update us on where this "feature request" is currently at and when we can expect this issue to be resolved?

1 Like
2 0 3

Futhermore, if you select a shipping option and then refresh the page the default repopulates.  

edit: also and completly unaceptable, if you choose a shipping option and then enter a discount code once you click "apply" the default repopulates.

Best Option: give admin setup option to control order and default for all shipping options.

Alternative: remove defualt selction of the first displayled option and force the customer to choose something.

Alternative: allow two discount codes at the same time. (currently the second code replaces the first) We could asign a noship or pickup code with the free shipping parameter.  

Sounds like this a popular topic and more than just a few admins would like to see this changed.  

Please update.

-matt

0 Likes