Default shipping change

Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 8
Actually, No. These customers press the 'confirm' button on my popup but still don't change from local pick up (I know they press confirm as it prints a confirmation number on the invoice so I know the customer has read it (So they can't say they weren't notified'. They usually only notice when they receive my automated 'Your order is ready for collection' email so I then need to manually edit the order and add freight - So glad we can edit orders now at least - Otherwise it would be even more of a nightmare!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Gosh some customers really can be frustratingly stupid can't they! 🤦
I might have to find this app.... Is it free or do you pay for it?
Yes, I agree - the edit order has been a lifesaver for this but it would be even better if it wasn't an issue in the first place if SHOPIFY would allow us to rearrange shipping options.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 8
It's free - but for what I need it to do its $9.95 p/m (worth it for time saved)

https://apps.shopify.com/product-warnings

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Thanks! That's really helpful!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

+ 1 would love to get a default shipping method feature

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 5

The fact that a lot of businesses are adding a free local delivery option due to the COVID-19 pandemic should put this feature as a top priority for every customer and not just the ones who can afford $299 a month. A lot of businesses are struggling right now and having to contact every customer who accidentally chooses the wrong delivery/shipping option is embarrassing.  Shopify, fix this! Take care of your customers so we can take care of ours!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I absolutely agree. Shopify could easily make this an option for us right now. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
100% agree!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

SHOPIFY WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING ON THIS?! 7 years!? 

WE NEED LOCAL DELIVERY BUT TO NOT SHOW AS DEFAULT! PLEASE HURRY AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

I figured out a free-working solution to this problem!!!

(PLEASE FOLLOW ALL 3 STEPS! The App alone is not enough)
Ok so step 1: 

Go to APPS > Search 'Globo Local Delivery Store pickup' > install app > adjust settings 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.37 pm.png<<< the APP IS FREE!

Step 2: 
Go to Shopify Settings > Shipping > Shipping Rates > Add Rate > Based on Weight > 93,998kg > 100,000kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.35.17 pm.png

Step 3: 
Go to Products > Search "Local Delivery" > change product weight to 93,999kg 
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.43.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.46.20 pm.png
Problem Solved, No thanks to you Shopify...

If anyone is confused in these crazy times and needs fast help
(as I know I had to set this up asap for my business and we encountered this exact issue)
Please email me ditchworld@gmail.com and i'm happy to help 

0 Likes