Default shipping change

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 15
Good idea posting on FB but as usual same old canned BS response.

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Just so everyone knows, I'm offering pretty low-priced solutions to this in the meantime. You can reach me at tony@superpowered.org - I know it is a crises, and understand everyone doesn't have extra money to spend on this type of task, so I am making it as easy/painless as I possibly can during these times.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 15

Yeah, the nonresponsiveness didn't surprise me, but I figured change of venue could get some new eyes on it. I have less than no money to spend on consulting or apps so that's not happening. This is a usability/customer experience problem and it should be fixed. No one is asking for geofencing, but we should be able to put in a zip code or = town to select or exclude. Anyway. Onward, meanwhile...

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0
i totally get it - i have been advocating for them to add this for about 6 years - that’s what they want you to do, pay for apps! it’s kind of disgusting, honestly, which is why i’m offering low cost solutions. i can, however, if you’d not mind paying a small app subscription fee in the interim, walk you through how to accomplish it with that at no charge. i’m not out here trying to beat people over the head, and i totally get it should be included in the software - they have clearly just shown us all (i run my own shop as well) they really just do not care. it’s a weird world right now and this could have been shopify’s contribution, but they show how cheap they are by having an entire work from home workforce even before this happened!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Could you please put a link to the Facebook page post? That way we can all go on and comment there too.
1 Like
Highlighted
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 7
Awesome thanks! Just posted too.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 8

Yes, please!!  I've got the same issue.  I've got brick and mortar stores and during this pandemic, lots of people are wanting local pick-up, but then the ones who want it shipped, don't see the standard shipping as an option.  I'd like for that to be first!!  Please help!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 8

Thanks for sharing the Facebook post!!  I've posted on it to.  Such a simple fix.  On the shipping page, just make it an option to order.  Drag and drop, should be easy peasy!  Or if they have to, make it so you put numbers in it.  I'm not a developer, but this seems super easy to me!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
Hey, I just wanted to post here as I figured out one of the things affecting us personally was that there wasn't a drop-down menu for shipping - it had the preselected $0 amount and no other options visible without clicking the tiny drop-down.

This is because of ACCELERATED CHECKOUT with shop-pay (standard Shopify payments).

Disabling this in settings > payment providers > Shopify Payments, click Manage > UNCHECK accelerated checkout (for shop-pay, Apple Pay, and Google pay).

Now when checking out, you will see a list of all available shipping options. It's possible people may still breeze through all of this and still choose the $0 option, but this was our main pain-point in checkout.
2 Likes