Default shipping change

Highlighted
1 0 0

10 years in, and this problem is still bothering the customer. I have been checking for solution for a few hours now, and all i can find is complaints, some from teh year 2013. I have been getting so many complaints from my customers and my team. It is so frustrating. I guess I should have just develop the website by myself instead of taking the seemingly easy way out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Has there been any progression on this topic?

I'm having the exact same issue and would love to know if there is a fix 2 years later.

Kindest, 

Sarina

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Please do the feature change of letting us determine which options come in what order.  We are doing only Curbside for now, but since the local pickup is the second option, more than half the time they choose the shipping option, which we have set up to only do local as well.  The problem is that the tracking of fulfillment and pick up are different for the two and we really want all the local pickup to go to that option. 

If there has to be a default order, I would support local pickup being first, since anyone wanting shipping will know to skip over that and go to the second option, vs the other way around that causes user confusion. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!  I would love to request this feature as well.  I would say about 50% of our customers "choose" local pickup because it is the default despite the fact that they need the item shipped. This results in a significant amount of time spent contacting the customer, creating a shipping label and charging the customer for shipping - or losing money because we waive the shipping charge to save time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Below is the response I received when inquiring about this with a Shopify "Expert"

Camael A.
2831 Answers • 100% Helpful

For security reasons, no customization is allowed at checkout. I doubt no Expert can do custom coding at checkout unless you are a Shopify plus merchant.

0 Likes