Delivery & Collection Only Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

This may have been asked before but we want a store for our farm shop that does not ship only local delivery and collection, have asked Shopify but just get auto answers or ones that ignore the question!

So we have local delivery with minimum charge, collection is fine but the store insists I have at least one shipping option and rate. I tried using weight to block the option but that blocks all options including delivery & collection. 

The only way I can see is you have a shipping rate of say £10,000 called DO NOT USE so that the user does not choose it, I guess if they did I would ship for £10k

Any thoughts? I dont think its possible in the standard package but worth an ask to the community, my background is IT so pretty capable for any techie solutions

Cheers

shaun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
80 2 3

Hey Shaun

I just tested your scenario without any shipping rates and only local delivery switched on and was able to check out successfully.

I get the message under General Shipping Rates: "No shipping rates. Customers won’t see shipping at checkout." But it still lets me process an order. 

I'm testing on an Australian store so not sure if that makes a difference.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure what i did but I seem to have git it to work?Odd I have tried every permutation under the sun but seems ok, really appreciate your help though

Cheers

0 Likes