Delivery mail for orders delivered manually

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello,

i am delivering my orders myself and i do not use any third party carrier.

how do i send mails to my customers with a copy of invoice when i have delivered the order.

currently the mail is being sent as order is on way when i mark items fulfilled.

how do enable an option to send mail when order is delivered?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 150

Hi, @sazzilo!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're delivering orders yourself. What kind of products are you selling? Are you personally delivering them? 

As soon as a customer places an order on your store, they will automatically receive an order confirmation email, which includes a breakdown of the products they ordered, along with the total order value. This is essentially an invoice and is already automatically sent to the customer. 

While there are "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications that can automatically be sent to customers, these emails will only be sent when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, or Canada Post. If you're using a different carrier, then you could use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which integrates with a number of third-party carriers and allows you to send tracking notifications to your customers. 

However, if you are personally delivering these orders and are not using any tracking numbers, then it sounds like the best workaround here is to manually send your customers an email once the product has been delivered. If you aren't already using an email marketing app, then I recommend checking out Klaviyo, Seguno, or Jilt. Not only will these apps allow you to send manual emails to customers, but they also give you the ability to create automated email marketing campaigns, so you can keep in touch with your customers by emailing them your latest promotions, blog posts, product launches, and more. It's a great marketing technique that can help boost engagement amongst your customers. 

If you plan on continuing to deliver products yourself, then it may also be worth considering using an app like Store Pickup + Delivery or Local Delivery. Both of these apps allow your customers to choose a delivery date and time on the cart page, making it easier for both you and your customers to manage the order fulfilment process. Store Pickup + Delivery, for example, also offers the ability to add your customers' chosen delivery location, date, and time to their order confirmation emails. They actually have a help doc on how to do this here.

Lastly, since you are delivering orders yourself, you may also be interested in disabling your shipping confirmation emails. This means that customers will no longer receive an email when you mark items as fulfilled, which can definitely help reduce confusion. 

I hope this presents you with a couple of options. I'm curious to know which app you end up using to email customers! Feel free to respond here and let me know. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

my solution, though not the best, and really only works for people who are 100% manual delivery/pickup.

I just changed the notification email - so the one that says your order has been shipped (shipping confirmation) has been edited to say your order has been delivered. So that way, as soon as I hit the fulfilled button, they get the delivered email. I removed tracking info and all the other useless stuff for manual home delivery.