Delivery on and off campus

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am working on a shopify store for a florist on a large hospital campus. We would like the ability to offer free pick-up, free delivery on-campus and paid delivery off-campus.

I am having a tough time coming up with the search terms to find someone else who's doing this so I appologize if this is a double post.

Right now I have it set up that on-campus deliveries are the same as pick up and changes the "Special Instructions" section of the cart to ask for name and location of the delivery but I'm hoping there is a more effiecient option out there for us.

We would like to collect: First and Last Name, Ward, Room Number for local deliveries if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

Hi Anthony,

Nick here from Shopify. ?

Great question, an interesting one for sure. There are a couple of ways you could go about this.

• The first option is to set up to free shipping options - one for Pick Up, One for Campus Deliveries (Just to note, there is no way to edit the checkout address inputs, you could gather the info in cart notes for this).

• The other option could be through manual payment methods, specifically Cash on Delivery (COD). This would indicate the customer wants to pick the product up on campus and will pay you then, but also allows the second option to be a normal paid delivery for outside campus orders. Just one thing to note with this method, is that you cannot assign a payment method to a delivery option. For example the customer could still choose COD and add in an outside address.

• The final way around this could be via an app. I did some digging and found the Local Delivery app which I think might work for you here as it offers custom local delivery options.

Hope this helps and don’t hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything.

All the best,

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes