Delivery rate based on delivery day and distance

Shounak
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

Is it possible to set different delivery rates based on delivery day and distance?

Example, $30 extra for weekend shipping & $30 extra if the address is more than 25 kms from the Melbourne CBD.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3819 366 755

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. This is something which would be quite customized and not possible to do natively in the Shopify shipping settings from the main admin. However, there are a couple of different app options which might be able to help you out here. Let's take a look at them below:

These apps are 3 of the most dynamic ones in the app store and I would recommend researching them to make sure they do exactly what you need. 

Any other questions, just let us know!

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

As Nick noted, what you are looking to do isn’t possible with Shopify’s standard shipping calculation options.

Our shipping calculation app, Intuitive Shipping can help you control these shipping costs, though you will need another third-party app to allow customer to select their delivery day. We just partnered with Zapiet, the creators of Store Pickup + Delivery, so our apps work seamlessly together to accomplish your unique shipping needs.

Using Intuitive Shipping, you can create Conditions for your shipping rates based on both delivery distance (anyone from outside of the 25 KM radius can be charged an extra $30 for shipping), and you can create another Condition that makes weekend deliveries an extra $30. If a customer from outside of the 25KM radius wants a weekend delivery, you can either have it set so that they are paying an extra $60, or an extra $30 - it depends on your personal preference and what your customers will realistically pay for a delivery. Personally, in this instance, I would maybe charge $45 so that the shipping cost is easier to swallow (this clearly depends on your actual cost to ship).  

Feel free to reach out to us at support@intuitiveshipping.com and we can arrange a time to chat more about your needs. We do also offer a 14-day free trial, so feel free to poke around a bit in the meantime! :)

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
Kitty_Zapiet
Excursionist
68 0 2

Hi there,

I am really sorry for the delay in responding - we have only just seen a number of mentions on the forum, going forwards we will get a notification for forum posts and respond much quicker.  I am just going through historic posts to see if I can offer any advice. 

I can see Store Pickup + Delivery was recommended to you, you try the app? If not maybe you would like to take another look at the app, we have a range of new features, such as per product preparation times and slot limits- we would be glad to welcome onboard and help get you set up. 

If you need any more assistance or information you can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com

Take care,

Kitty

0 Likes