Different Carrier Services by Zones using zipcodes

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I am actually creating a App for my of my customer that’s going to be public.

My customer is a Carrier Service and he would like to offer he’s services but he don’t cover the whole canada. He offer he’s services in precise ZIP Code area.

I would like to show the Carrier if the customer zip code match with the carrier service.

I would like to know how I can make this without using other any other apps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Hey Zachary,

Have you had a chance to review the Carrier Service API documentation? The incoming carrier service request will contain

{
  "rate": {
    "destination": {
      "postal_code": "K1M1M4"
    },
  },
}

which you could then compare against a list of serviceable postal codes defined by your client.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The problem is that I wan't the carrier to be available only when the ZIP Code of the customer respect the list of the Carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Hey Zachary,

Just to clarify, "customer" in this case is the shop owner, or the customer making the purchase on the site?

If it's the shop owner, you would have to make this clear on the app listing itself that the carrier only provides services for restricted areas, and perhaps a link to an FAQ page on the carrier website.

If it's the customer making the purchase, you could perform the zip code validation on your end and return null if their postal code is outside of the available zones.  You would want to make sure the shop has a backup carrier service/shipping method is in place should this carrier not be available so that the customer can complete the order process, otherwise they won't be able to proceed with the order and the shop owner will lose the sale.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes