Different Payment Method for Different Customers Based on Geolocation

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3641 304 700

Hi @tina_thelabgirl,

Good question! 

In a case like this, you would need to have two separate storefronts. The reason for this is even if you could have two credit card processors active - there would be nothing to stop the different customers checking out on either gateway if they are both available on the checkout - meaning your US and Columbian sales wouldn’t be kept separate in any way. The other thing is only certain gateways are available in certain countries. So, for example, if you set up the store with a US Address - you couldn’t add gateways that are not available in the US then to keep them separate. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Alixir
Excursionist
26 0 9

Hi @Nick 

I am also facing the same issue. 

I would like to make visible the "Cash On Delivery" payment method only for local (moroccan customers). And display Paypal for all others.

PS: Paypal is not very used in Morocco and we can handle COD only locally with a local delivery partner. If I display both of the methods, wherevever a client comes from, one of the two methods is useless (I'd rather say not applicable).

PS 2: the settings sould look like the settings of the shipping methods which are great. I'd be happy to participate in a beta test if Shopify is opened about it.

PS 3: since the payment gateways and possibilities for 'non OCDE' countries are limited, it is very important to be able making such settings so the checkout experience is optimized when selling internationnally.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3641 304 700

Hi @Alixir,

Thanks for the feedback and in-depth example of this. I have added it to our feature request examples for our product team on your behalf. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes