Different Payment Method for Different Customers Based on Geolocation

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

My customer wants his website to have different payment method between local customer and customer from abroad. For example:

1. National customer = use local payment gateway (checkout page will hide international payment gateway)
  2. International customer = use international payment gateway (checkout page will hide local payment gateway)

Is that possible to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @alfonsusdavid,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a really good question and idea, but it's something which isn't possible. As it stands, it's only possible to enable one active payment gateway per store, as well as PayPal in countries where PayPal is available. Which country is your customer's store based in and I can share the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with there. 

I completely see where you are coming from though and will put this forward as a feature request on your behalf. Can you reply to me here and explain how this would benefit your customer's business or make things easier for them? Any and all information you can give on how this would improve their store/ business assists the development team with feature requests. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes