Different Payment gateways in different countries

GONZALO_LOPEZ_Q
Tourist
16 0 2

I am from Argentina and the clients of my store are from the USA mostly. If I add a payment gateway allowed for my country, but that is not on the list of gateways for USA, can customers use it anyway without troubles?

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Gonzalo!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

The available payment gateways list applies to your country and currency, but not to the country of your customer. You should be able to sell and ship to customers internationally, regardless of which payment gateway you've integrated with your shop.

Have a great day!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
GONZALO_LOPEZ_Q
Tourist
16 0 2

Hi Savannah,

So, If a customer from USA come into my webstore, add a product to the cart, then go to the checkout and pick the credit card gateway that i added (for instance MercadoPago, that is not in the USA gateways list), could he make the purchase normally?

Thank you very much for your response.

Regards.

Gonzalo.

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Gonzalo! 

That's absolutely correct. :) 

Happy selling!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Moshood_Ibrahim
2 0 0

Hello Gonzalo,

I am just setting up my store but noticed that the location where customers can send returned goods to is Miami, US but you live in Argentina. How did you do this because I am based in Nigeria and see this as a challenge to crating my store.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ade

0 Likes
GONZALO_LOPEZ_Q
Tourist
16 0 2

Thank you Savannah!

0 Likes
GONZALO_LOPEZ_Q
Tourist
16 0 2

Moshood,

Great to hear you are trying to sell like a PRO.

Go to usabox.com, sign up and create your own P.O. Box, that will give you an USA address, it's free to have it.

The only time you'll have to pay is when you have a return, for the days you hold the product inside the box. And if you have to ship it.

But for having the address, is completely free!

And then you can add that address to your store pages, email footers, and wherever you want, except for the general settings in your shopify dashboard, where you need to place your real address.

Hope it helps! Otherwise, let me know.

Regards,

Gonzalo.

Moshood_Ibrahim
2 0 0

Gonzalo,

Very grateful for your prompt reply. I will do it immediately.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Ayeni_Jeremiah
1 0 0

hello, please i need a good a payment method that accepts Nigeria, so that card payment can be accepted in my store

0 Likes
Sajalkghsh
1 0 0

Hello 

0 Likes