Different Prices depending on Location(Country specific)

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hey guys!

Is it possible to automatically display different prices for different countries?

My client is going international with their new Shopify store, and want to offer different prices per country as some countries usually are more expensive and have more buying power than others.

I tried using the Multi-Country Pricing App, but they told me it was not possible to implement their app because the theme I am using is a "sectioned" theme(and I cannot change theme).

I know my way around with javascript, but I'm unsure how I would implement this feature on my own. 

Any articles, or other sort of help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
277 30 50

Hi @CloudOne,

Hyde here to help. Interesting question!

That's not possible to do natively within Shopify, although you can create different shipping profiles and rates for your products depending on the country (more here).

In terms of displaying different prices depending on the country, you could look at an app like Geolizr or, failing that, perhaps consult a third-party developer. You could look at our Experts directory. They're a team of third-party developers who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis.

I hope this helps.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
146 2 9

Hi there!

"Currency selector" adds a query parameter to the URL when the currency is changed, like, exampleshop.com?cur=CAD or exampleshop.com?cur=USD. However, the "convertor" is for visual purposes. Upon check out, customers are still need to pay default currency. And it's not easy to set different prices for country.

If you do want to set different prices based on country, it's better to have 'multiple' shops to serve each domain.

For example, exampleshop.com for US and exampleshop.ca for Canada, and then redirect visitors. This way provides the best customisation for each region as you are able to not only control pricing, but also shipping costs, and stock ability.

Among 'multiple' e-commerce stores, you could easily redirect your visitors using Geo IP tools. For instance, Geo Redirect. It detects your visitors' locations using their IPs and auto directs them. For example, if you visitor is in Canada, and he goes to exampleshop.com, it will auto direct him to exampleshop.ca and seamless display Canadian USD currency with your predefined country-specific price.

Easy to set  the tool. No code is necessary. The service will generate the Javascript code for you to add to your website. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes