Different Products Different Packages

Highlighted
2 0 0

So, I know this is a frequently talked about topic, but maybe only the frequency will make Shopify do something about it...

I have a number of different products that need wildly different packages to ship. Some are very light and can ship in a mailer, some need large 24x24 and larger boxes and are quite heavy. Currently, there is no integrated way in Shopify to automatically make these parameters clear for shipping. I can only set one "default" package that it then calculates shipping from. So, whether someone orders something that's the size of a piece of paper or a coffee maker, it puts it in a large box if that's the default. Or the inverse, saying something the size of a coffee maker can ship in an envelope for instance and only charging shipping for an envelope, which is ridiculous.

Can we please get a way to make these things automatic so I can ship products based on the package size actually needed? If you have 1 item on sale or 1 size, it's fine but that's not the case for most of us. I have already seen the suggestions like Boxify and none of them actually do this correctly (or for in my opinion a reasonable expense in either time or money) unless I've missed something in all the information about them.

If there's something I've missed I'd love to hear it, but I've searched dozens of these threads on the same topic and there never seems to be an answer that the poster ends up satisfied with. It always ends with them saying they'll be leaving Shopify, but hopefully this one might be different?

I like most of Shopify's functionality I just want to be able to ship different things correctly!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

@blackgate1,

As you have mentioned, Shopify only allows you to set up a default box and it doesn't work for merchants having products with different dimensions. I would suggest you try the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that helps you handle this with ease. With the box packing method in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions.

So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the rates accordingly. Also, with the app, you can print labels, and also automate the tracking process. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes