Different Stores and Paypal

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello!

I discovered this online world a few days back and decided to give it a go. I have a few questions though.

1) Can I have multiple different stores selling different goods on one account on shopify?
2) On that account, can those stores have different domains? I mean if one store sells cars, it then can have an email like "info@cars.com" and if the other stores sells phones, it can have email "info@phones.com". 
3) Could these stores have one paypal account to receive payments?

If question 2 cant have domains and emails as described I understand I would have to make another shopify account. That brings me to a question-
4) Can you have one paypal account associated with multiple shopify accounts to receive payments?

Best regards,
GT

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi GT,

Nick here from Shopify.

Welcome to the world of E-Commerce, great to see you so interested in it and willing to learn. I’m here to help so let’s take a look at your questions:

1. The short answer to this question is that it is not possible. Each store must have its own account. So for example, if you wanted to sell cars and phones, you would need to have two accounts and two stores. Shopify does have a multiple store discount for store owners who have more than one store which is the exact same except for language or currency. The eligibility of each case is assessed so if you did have more than one, you could explore this.

2. Because you would need to operate each store on a separate account, each store would have its own domain also. You can add custom domains to each store should you wish, for example, if you already own a domain you can easily transfer it over to your Shopify store. If you don’t currently own a domain you can buy one from within the Shopify admin or you can still purchase it from a third party such as GoDaddy and then apply it to your store. You can really choose how you want to you want to go about this here. Is there a domain you have in mind yet or are you not quite at that stage?

3. Yes, they certainly can. I will go into more detail on this in question 4 for you. ?

4. It is indeed possible to have one PayPal account associated with multiple Shopify accounts to receive payments. One thing to note is that if you are using one PayPal account for multiple stores it might get confusing regarding which payments belong to which store. You can edit the suffix of each store's orders to differentiate them. You can do this in the admin of each store under Settings > General > Standards and Formats. https://screenshot.click/13-32-px8jp-qf7jb.jpg (This will display in full on the post itself). Shopify also has a guide going through all the steps for how to add a PayPal account to your store which you might find useful when you are setting it up.

Let us know if you found that helpful. Should you have any other questions don't hesitate to reply back in this thread or start another thread in the forum community

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Absolutely got my answer.

Muchas gracias!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

It was really helpful. Shopify is an amazing platform I have seen in years for e-commerce. I have successfully managed so many clients. When we will see something on the blog website. I know it will kill in that too.

0 Likes