Digital Products

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey everyone!

I’ve some question about my store and I hope you can guide me in the right direction. My Store sells custom animations - so each time a person buys one, I’ve to edit & custom them and then send them a link to download. Is there an app that enables me to receive the order, customize it, and them send them a link to download the file? I’ve searched the app called “Digital Downloads” but for what I saw they only offers the option to send a link after purchase without me getting the chance to edit & customize the animation. 

Is there any way that I can work around this? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 22 31

Hi, @RafaelBJR !

Thanks for reaching out. You're absolutely right with Digital Downloads. I don't think it will work for what you're trying to do as the digital file needs to be linked to any product/variant it's being sold with beforehand. It might be easiest to set up manual fulfillment for your orders and then send your client an email when the animation is completed. It'll be easier to track this way since you'll need to mark orders as fulfilled on your Orders page. Since the animations are completed after the order is processed, you'd need to add them into a third party application or software anyways so this would save you a step and you wouldn't need to pay monthly for an app.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey Oliver!

Thanks for your info. Really appreciate it. So, basically you are saying to forget the "Digital Downloads" app and use only the manual fulfillment - and after I receive an order just send the person who buys a email with a download link? Right?

With the Digital Downloads App they've a place to host the files. Do I need to find some kind of host platform with a option to link the files? 

What do you mean by "you'd need to add them into a third party application or software anyways so this would save you a step and you wouldn't need to pay monthly for an app."? 

Sorry if im being a little spammy but I need to find some kind of solution. 

Thank you!

0 Likes