Dim Weight Calculated Shippng

3 0 0

Is there any way to get FedEx to calculate their rates based on dim weights?

Currently our shipping rates do not match for all items because we do sell larger items. An example would be that it charged a customer $89.xx for FedEx 2 day shipping and our actual cost on the bill was $148.xx. if the item was smaller with the same weight then the charges would be correct.

0 Likes
Excursionist
89 0 6

The simplest solution (doesn't work for all cases) is to proportionately increase the weight of the products in your Shopify admin panel.  Otherwise, try searching the Shopify app store.

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 0 1

There is an app called Better Shipping that allows you to assign rates to certain products.  I would also try playing with the weights for your larger items.

Jen

0 Likes
3 0 0

The big issue is that all of my product info comes from fields in Channel Advisor that is being used for marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Newegg, Sears, and Rakuten. I cannot manipulate these fields because of this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
250 0 8

Yes, you can do that with the FedEx rates, labels & tracking app. The app helps you calculate the rates based on both product weight and dimensions. The app automatically selects the FedEx boxes or custom boxes based on your product weight and dimensions as well. You can also display rates at checkout, print labels and also handle tracking with the app.

0 Likes