Disable Payment Online store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there an option to disable the payment and shipping info for the checkout? My client has to price specific shipping quotes and they would like the customer to fill out a form after they check the cart and that info goes to a cutomer server rep to then contact the customer with final payment. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there @mclearen!

Don here from Shopify. :)

We do have a customisation which would allow you to replace the add to cart button with a contact link which sounds like it would suit your needs here.

Your customers could then contact you this way to let you know what it is they want to order so you can price it accurately and send them out a draft order/invoice

This would probably be the closest match as it wouldn't be possible to edit the checkout itself to remove the shipping or payment steps.

Check it out, see if you can make that work for what you need and put it in place if so. :)

Are you still getting set up with your store here or have you been selling already? 

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, I would like to take the customer to order any items without the online payment. Ideally the customer can select items on the website and when they 'check out' they don't have to fill in payment and billing details, but there just needs to be a button that sends the order away without any payment. The payments will be through external ways and not linked with shopify. How do I disable the payment options?

Regards,

Natural ID

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there @naturalid!

Don from Shopify once again.

If the process outlined above, for replacing the add to cart button with a contact link would not work for your needs, you could instead look at setting up a way for customers to check out on the site itself without paying.

In order to do that, you would need to remove or deactivate any credit card gateway or PayPal options you have in place and leaving instead a manual payment method.

Setting up a manual payment method would allow your customers to complete their orders on your site while leaving the actual method of payment up to you.

Take a look at how a manual payment method would work on the guide linked above, and if you think this would suit your needs you can deactivate any other payment methods you may have already set up by heading to the settings > payments menu in your admin there and deactivating or removing them as appropriate.

Let us know if you have any further questions on any of this!

Regards,

Don

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Don,

Thank you! For our shop it would not work to replace the add to cart button for each product. Your idea sounds better. I have created a manual payment, for now I called it invoice. But is it possible to only show the manual created payment option? Because now customers can still choose credit card, but they don't have this option at all. So I was wondering where I can disable the credit card area? 

Kind Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

The test payment was still active in my store, that's why the credit card option was still visible. I deactivated it and now customers can only choose the manual payment. This is great thank you! Do you know if it is possible to automatically fulfill orders and also with this manual payment  would have to manually select if the order was paid, is there a possibility this is automatic as well? So when an order took place, there is no action needed for the order to go through.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Is it possible to show different currencies depending on products? Some suppliers will offer their products in dollars and some in euros, but I can only choose one currency. Do you maybe know a way or an app that provides this, or maybe through metafields? It will not concern any payment issues since payment is external, it is only to show the customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi again @naturalid!

Don from Shopify once again.

Glad to hear that this method looks like it will work for your needs!

You can check out info here on our help site on manual versus automatic fulfilment and how to set this for your store here.

However, for orders paid via a manual payment method, these will need to be marked as paid manually due to how this sort of payment method works.

Take a look at the info above and see about setting up your fulfilment as per your requirements.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes