Disable disable field "delivery address" -> Only picking store shopify in shop

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm making webshop for employees. We won't have delivery option.

Only way to get their product is picking at the office.

I can wel setup in

Settings Shipping > Shipping Zone : "Office" like in your tutorial :

However, on step before it's still asking a "Shipping Adress"

how can i disable to fields ? 

Otherwise employee will fill add their home address, and thing they could be delivered at home :-)

Step 1 : how do we disable the field shipping address ( or force the value in it as our office adress ? ) 

image.png

Step 2: we see shipping method works well, but it's confusing the Shipping adress they can freely enter in previous step still appears on last step of check out 

image.png

Any idea how to do that ?

Thanks,

pierre 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @PierreHLX,

Thank you for getting in touch and for providing those screenshots. If the products/ services you're selling on your store are collection-only, and will not ever be shipped anywhere, there's an option in the product page you can uncheck that will disable both the shipping option and shipping address portions of the checkout.

If you go to the Products tab in your admin and select a product, you will see this option in the Shipping section of the product page:

19-07-x38r9-xocu7

Unchecking this option will remove all shipping-related options for the product, and when a customer proceeds to checkout they will not need to select either a shipping option or enter in a shipping address. They will instead be directed straight to the part of the admin where they need to enter in their contact and billing information, before then being able to proceed to the payment page.

I would recommend doing this for all products if you do not intend on shipping any of them. You might also want to consider mentioning that the products are collection-only in the product pages and on your FAQs or About page, if you have one, so buyers are aware that they cannot have any products delivered to them.

I hope this explains things, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Victor,

Thanks great it works.

Is there any way to quickly update all the products?

I do have 1.000 products I don't see the option to switch them all into virtual?

Thanks,

pierre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @PierreHLX,

Yes, you can bulk edit this setting for multiple products. I will show you how to do this using screenshots from my test store below.

Firstly, you'll want to go to your Products section, select multiple products and then press "Edit products". This will load the bulk editor:

19-07-z9afp-noodg

Once in the bulk editor, you can then click on the "Add fields" option and choose "Requires shipping":

19-07-ilrxl-1c0xc

You then just need to uncheck this field for all products you do not wish to have shipping options at checkout. You can do this for multiple products at once by clicking on the first product row for the "Requires shipping" column, holding down shift and then clicking the last product row you want to edit. Unchecking one box will then uncheck all boxes selected:

19-07-1g6s1-4lrxi

You then just need to hit the Save option for these changes to take effect!

I hope this has explained the process, Pierre, but please do let me know if need any further guidance.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Victor, is it possible to have the option to show delivery address if it is an in-store product, and disable this when it isn't?

An example would be a store that does both in store collection and shipping. We don't need the customer to input shipping address if they are collecting in store, and it seems like a lot to fill up in this scenario.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @ricktjwong,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. When you're creating or editing a product, there is an physical product option in Shopify that you can toggle on or off:

20-08-v7d5m-whe3f

Even if the product is a physical product, you can disable this option and the shipping address page will not appear to the customer at checkout, not will any options appear for shipping and delivery. The customer will instead be asked to just provide their billing address when they get to checkout. I would generally recommend mentioning clearly in the product description that the product is collection-only and that it will not be shipped to them, avoiding any potential confusion when they check out.

I would also recommend splitting your collection-only and delivery-only products into different shipping profiles, which will allow you to set shipping rates just for the products that can actually be shipped to your customers.

Kind regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Victor Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking something more dynamic - so my products can be both bought in-store and ordered online. I am building an app that allows customers to purchase in-store using their phones and checkout through there (something like using the shop's POS but through their own phone). In this case, the products don't require a shipping address. I am currently using cart permalinks to do this.

Is the only way to achieve this to tag a products under 'online only' and some 'in-store only' even though they are the same product? It seems like a suboptimal thing to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @ricktjwong,

Okay, I see. If you're selling products that can be either delivered or collected, you can create a free shipping rate titled "In-store Collection" or something along those lines so customers will have this option at checkout if it is an applicable product. In terms of set-up within the Shopify admin, if a product is available for both delivery and collection then it would not be possible to disable the shipping address fields at checkout—the product would need to be collection-only so that you can disable the option I mentioned in my last post.

We do, however, off a free local pickup feature which can be enabled in your shipping and delivery settings. This feature will allow you to provide instructions to the customer about the pickup process, and notify them when their order is ready to be collected. There are also some third-party apps such as Store Pickup Click and Connect and Store Pickup + Delivery which offer some features you may be interested in.

Kind regards,

0 Likes