Disable shipping address in checkout when customer is doing local pick up

Highlighted
4 0 0

We are running a restaurant local pickup and delivery through shopify right now due to coronavirus. We've been having amazing results but a lot of confusion with customers ordering outside out delivery radius.

We're using Zapeit Store Pickup + Delivery app right now for customers to choose between local delivery and pickup. Our problem is that customers are able to choose local pickup, go to checkout, then enter a "Delivery Address" which has confused quite a few customers thinking they can get delivery 30+ miles away. We have to have the products set to physical item so that we can collect the delivery address at checkout. I'm not sure how to conditionally require delivery address only if they're within delivery radius.

Is this possible at all, possible with a different plugin, or are we missing some set up options in shopify somewhere?

Checkout Page.pngCart Page.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
316 56 75

Hello @EA_Manager, Which Shopify plan is used by the store? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I believe we are on Shopify $79/month one. Definitely not the POS one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Wahab_Ahmad we're on the free trial right now

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
316 56 75

@EA_Manager, Shopify plus plan only provides a check out template file. Using this file you can customize the functionality of check out. If you are on the free trial. You have no ability to do this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Wahab_Ahmad I just found this statement on shopify's site https://www.shopify.com/covid19. "Early next week we will enable retailers using Shopify POS to offer in-store or sidewalk pick up for online orders." If we upgrade to the $79/month plan would that have the POS option mentioned and do you know when that is going to be out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey EA_Manager, in the Zapiet app there is one option to update the address if it's different following the check out. Not the most intuitive, but the customer's invoice will show the corrected address so if he changed the address and is not satisfied he can ask for a refund instead.Screenshot from 2020-06-01 09-35-26.png

0 Likes