Disable shipping confirmation email

Highlighted
Excursionist
22 1 5

I need to disable the automatic shipping confirmation email. There are many posts regarding this topic, but all info is outdated. Any newer information on how to do this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 91 148

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us.

The shipping confirmation email can be deselected prior to finishing the fulfillment process for an order: 

If this box is unchecked, the customer won't receive a shipping confirmation email. I would invite you to test this yourself in your store. Order confirmations themselves cannot be turned off, as I'm sure you know. 

We have a great guide on notifications, how to set them up, editing templates, etc, over on our Help Center

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I also have the same problem.

This answer is set for each order.

I want to disable shipping confirmation emails  for all orders.

Is there a way to do that?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I have the same question, also did not get clarity from other threads. We want to disable it in general, not manually order by order (we do not confirm manually in Shopify but through our backend/ERP).

Order confirmation is fine for us. However I don't want the shipping confirmation be sent because this is handled by another system (i.e. in our ERP). Otherwise customers would get it twice, and we also sell some digital products where we do not want a shipping confirmation at all.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes