Disable shipping confirmation email

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I want to disable shipping confirmation emails  for all orders.

Is there a way to do that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 161

Hey, there!

Dallas here from Shopify's Social Care Team.

If you're meaning the order confirmation after your customer makes a purchase at your store then that isn't able to be removed. That is going to automatically be sent out despite any changes to any admin settings.

Is there a reason in particular that you're looking to disable this?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

We use other systems for order management.
The system automatically sends emails at the time of shipment, so customers receive two emails with the same content.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 161

This is an accepted solution.

Ah, I totally understand why this would be helpful for you! 

This isn't something that can be shut off to ensure all customers receive an invoice. What I have gone ahead and done, though, is sent this up as a merchant frustration for our team to review. I can't promise that it will be changed in the future, but it's now been shared with the team!

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I cannot believe how many requests for this SIMPLE feature I've seen! Since 2014!! Here I am with the same request.

If you aren't going to make Shopify robust enough to handle what all the apps we're forced to install can do, then at the VERY least allow us to ONLY use the app functionality when necessary.  It looks stupidly unprofessional and confusing for customers to simultaneously receive 2 notification emails, and they risk going to the WRONG PLACE to manage their orders.

PLEASE give us a toggle. Thank you.

Highlighted
3 0 0

HI Dallas,

I would like some help, the product we sell is not shipped...i cannot find a way to completely disable the shipping function on the site?
i have marked the shipping as free etc, but my clients are still getting notifications linked to shipping etc....can you please help?

Also how do i edit the order confirmation email?
I only want the order confirmation email to say:

Hi (client name if possible)

Thank you for your order, we will send you a second email shortly with your random numbers for the draw you have entered.

And then the basket order details and payments etc as is already on the confirmation at present.

any help with this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Norman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 161

@Norm_Conn 

Your customers are still going to have to go through the shipping step in the checkout process, but if you share a screenshot of the issue that you're facing then I might be able to help you out even further or find a workaround that might assist with what you're looking for. 

As for the order confirmation email you just have to go to Settings in your Store Admin and then click on Notification > Order Confirmation and you will be brought to the page where you're able to change the layout of the order confirmation email. 

If you have further questions please let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Dallas 

Now that this feature (Shipping Confirmation) has been swiched off per default is there a way to swich it on per default?

Since it is the only Shipping Confirmation I will send (I do not have an extra App to do this).

So now my problem is that I from time to time forget to set the checkmark, and the customer will not get any invoice or tracking info etc.

0 Likes