Disable shipping option if cart contains a Pick-up only product

Highlighted
2 0 0

Morning all!

I'm currently trying to find a solution that disables the checkout "Ship" Delivery Method if the cart/checkout contains an product that doesn't ship and is only available to be picked up from a location.

Currently if the cart/checkout only contains a product that doesn't ship then it works as expected. Once a product that can be shipped is added the Ship method appears making it appear that the entire order can be shipped.

How can I remove the shipping delivery method if the cart/checkout contains a pick up only product?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
69 3 16

Hey @alexolder,

You can't do this with Shopify's built-in shipping options. Even if you used their Shipping Profiles feature, there is no conditional logic that can be applied to the profiles; it simply does product-based shipping rates. 

If you're open to using a third-party app, you can do this in Intuitive Shipping. You would create 2 Shipping Scenarios: 

1. When shipping-only items are in the cart, it will trigger a shipping rate at checkout
  2. When shipping-only and pickup items are in the cart, it will only offer 'Store Pickup' as an option. You can also create a custom description that displays at checkout. 

You may also be best off also adding a distance-based or Postal/ZIP code rule to the Store Pickup only option. Reason, being, if someone lives far away they won't be able to pick the order up. This doesn't need to apply to your shipped orders since presumably, they can ship a far distance. 

I encourage you to book a demo with our team to get a full understanding of how powerful Intuitive Shipping is and how it can help you gain granular control of your shipping rates/options at checkout. We're also available at support@intuitiveshipping.com if you prefer email. 

However you decide to control your shipping, make sure that you outline your shipping policy/options on your shipping information page. It's also a good idea to make a note on the product page that 'This item is only available for pickup' to control customer expectations through the entire shopping journey. 

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have 2 products:

1 that can only be collected.
1 that can be shipped or collected.

If I have both in my cart and checkout I see the shipping option when I should only be able to see the collection option because of the collection product. Is there no way to handle this situation that isn't being reffered to a $30 per month app?

0 Likes