Solved

Disconnecting from a 3PL Fulfilment Partner

Nibble72
Visitor
3 1 0

We use an external fulfilment company to ship our orders. We are soon to leave them, and they have not been too helfpul with the exit strategy as we are moving to a new provider due to their poor service.

They connect to our Shopify store via their own custom APP. It shows in our list of Apps.

Can I simply delete that app on the day I wish to disconnect, so that they no longer receive our orders? Will this block their access?

We will close the store for around a week to facilitate the move, so no new orders will come in. We just need to be sure they are locked out, and no longer able to access our data, before we connect to the new supplier.

Has anyone done this ?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (2)

matbaker
Explorer
42 7 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nibble72 

Uninstalling app is definitely a way to disconnect your partner from your store.

Keep in mind that partner might also receive notifications via Webhooks (you delete those when you go to Settings -> Notifications and at very bottom there will be a list of webhooks configured in your store).

This is not a rule that they have any webhooks configured, but worth checking.

Another way of accessing your store data would be through private apps. Again, not a rule but someone might have configured a private app to work with your partner integration. You can find private apps when you go to Apps sections and scroll to very bottom. You should see the link that will open private apps, if there is one named after your partner you should delete it as well.

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂

View solution in original post

Nibble72
Visitor
3 1 0

thanks so much - I checked for Private Apps, but not  webhooks  - I would not have known to look out for those. Really helpful, thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

matbaker
Explorer
42 7 13

Hi @Nibble72 

Uninstalling app is definitely a way to disconnect your partner from your store.

Keep in mind that partner might also receive notifications via Webhooks (you delete those when you go to Settings -> Notifications and at very bottom there will be a list of webhooks configured in your store).

This is not a rule that they have any webhooks configured, but worth checking.

Another way of accessing your store data would be through private apps. Again, not a rule but someone might have configured a private app to work with your partner integration. You can find private apps when you go to Apps sections and scroll to very bottom. You should see the link that will open private apps, if there is one named after your partner you should delete it as well.

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂
Nibble72
Visitor
3 1 0

thanks so much - I checked for Private Apps, but not  webhooks  - I would not have known to look out for those. Really helpful, thanks!