Discount Code Buy X Get Y not working

Highlighted
4 0 0

URL www.mrsmccartneysteas.com

Buy X Get Y

Item is in stock

Detail : Buy Book get 8x10 picture

Code: FEST2020

Customers reporting code invalid at checkout. I have read DOZENS of this same complaint and there is NEVER any solution?

Screenshots attached

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.13.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.14.00 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @mrs-mccartneys-!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had so many customers reporting the issues.

When using a "Buy X Get Y" discount, for the discount to work the cart needs to have all the items in it. In the screenshots and examples you've attached above, only the "X" product is in the cart. Once the "Y" product is added to the cart, you'll see the discount code will start to work. I've just tested it out on your site and can confirm the discount worked for me:

I hope that helps to resolve the problem. If you let your customers know to add both products to the cart, they'll be able to complete the checkout. Please let me know if you have any questions at all about this. Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, Can you please help me?

I am having the same problem as well.  Customers need to put the code ULTRA to get 2 items for free (Face Mask and a Innisfree Sheet mask) if they buy 1 Ultrasonic scrubber.  The code doesn't work.  I have also tried to add those free items in the cart and tried to checkout and used the code, still didn't work.

My website is snyrtinetverslun.is

Please help!  Thanks!

Nikki

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @snyrti!

Thanks for letting me know you're also seeing the same issues. So I can assist, would you be able to share some screenshots of the issue and your store URL? That way, I'll be able to have a look and test out what might be going on. If you can be as detailed as you can with what you're trying to do and what you've tried, that will help me work this out for you as well.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes