Discount Code is not being applied

8 0 0

Hi,

I am running a short promotion this weekend and I did a test run to see if my discount code was working or not.  And sure enough, it's not.

The discount is 10% of for any order $20 or more.  

The site is www.goodship2u.com

Please let me know what I did wrong or how it can be fixed.

Thanks!

George

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 42

Hi, George! 
My name is Morgan, I am part of the Social media team at Shopify. 

I took a look at your shop link, and do see it active once applied at checkout! Be sure to add the discount code into the discount section of the checkout. If not added here, the discount won't apply. 

Here's a screenshot of the test that worked for us! 

Let us know if you have any questions. ?

Cheers,
Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
8 0 0

Thank you Morgan for the IMMEDIATE response :) 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 42

Anytime, George!
Best of luck with your sale this weekend. ?

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

same here, and mine was supposed to be an automatic discount, and i enabled it, so why is it still not being applied?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello,

I am having the same issue. My code is for 15% off the order of any amount for email subscribers. I was working on Monday but hasn't been working. One of my customers reported the issue and I had to credit them back but I was able to use it. I've tried on different devices and it worked but when I tried earlier today I get the message "NOIRE15 discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart." Please tell me what I could have done wrong. I haven't made any changes on my site or discounts that would impact the discounts. My site is www.joliexnoire.com.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9778 86 1526

@Jolie_Noire wrote:

Hello,

I am having the same issue. My code is for 15% off the order of any amount for email subscribers. I was working on Monday but hasn't been working. One of my customers reported the issue and I had to credit them back but I was able to use it. I've tried on different devices and it worked but when I tried earlier today I get the message "NOIRE15 discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart." Please tell me what I could have done wrong. I haven't made any changes on my site or discounts that would impact the discounts. My site is www.joliexnoire.com.

What are the conditions on the discount code? Perhaps a screencapture would be a good first step.

Hard to troubleshoot this on the public forums if we don't know the rules you've given to the discount code. Do note that the forums are public so whatever coes you share here could be used by others that stumble upon it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2
Hello Jason,

Thank you for your response!

The only rule is they have to be an email subscriber. That’s the only condition. It applies to the entire order. I’d be happy to share a screenshot but I don’t see the option to add a photo. If you’ll tell me how to do that I will do that. Please see the terms written out below.

15% off entire order- for email subscribers customers- one per customer
Active
July 15-July 22

The error message I’ve been getting is
“NOIRE15 discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart”
This message appears in a yellow box.

I initially thought it was because I left the cart I created and a day later came back to it and the code was “used” for the one time but then I tried a couple different emails I’ve signed up on my site with for testing and they don’t work either. Then I used an email I never signed up on my site with and it still didn’t work.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2
Deleted duplicate message
0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi Jolie, I had the exact same problem. Do you know how to fix it?

I have created a guy X get Y discount and it says it's active, but then when I go to test it at checkout it says 'discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart' - I have no idea why it isn't working, can anyone please help me? 

1 Like