Discount Code is not being applied

Highlighted
11 0 0

Disct 1.pngDisct 2.png

Here are the attachments of the discount code issue I am having.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 31 61

Thanks for sharing these screenshots, @tuchicafe

The issue in this case is that you've entered a total usage limit of 1 for the discount code. If you want the discount code to be used only once by each customer, you can select "Limit to one use per customer" instead. The current setting actually means that the code can only be used one time in total, and the performance information along the right-hand side of the page indicates that the code was already used, so no one else will be able to use it unless the number is increased or the setting is changed.

20-08-oi6mk-hpby6

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Same here

www.mrsmccartneysteas.com

buy x get y

Buy book get 8x10

code = FEST2020

book is in stock

error message "code not valid"

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.13.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.14.00 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 31 61

@mrs-mccartneys- wrote:

Same here

www.mrsmccartneysteas.com

buy x get y

Buy book get 8x10

code = FEST2020

book is in stock

error message "code not valid"

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.13.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.14.00 PM.png

Hi, @mrs-mccartneys-!

Based on your screenshots, it looks like you're missing the 'Y' product in the cart. When you have a Buy X Get Y discount code activated, both the Buy X product(s) and the Get Y product(s) need to be added to the cart before the discount code can be applied.

In this case, you'll need to add both the Your Mother Should Know book and the McCartney Family Picture to the cart before proceeding to the checkout. Here's what the cart should look like, followed by what the checkout will look like afterwards with the discount code applied:

20-08-i8lsd-s5bba

20-08-w44eq-4nsy6

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I am not buying the product I am just running a promotion on Instagram telling the customers if they buy a book that they get the photographs for free they will not know to add it to the cart and pretend to purchase it before it’s taken off their cart that is not the description of this code.
How do I just give something away for free with a promo code without the customer having to pretend or no to even buy it?
Thx
Lucy
0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0
GOT IT. THANKS!
Now I my owner discount is not working. I created that so I can buy and use as samples. Can you please help me with this one too?
0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.49.59 PM.png20-08-j4ml7-749zk

20-08-69mae-5opkd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 31 61

@mrs-mccartneys- wrote:
I am not buying the product I am just running a promotion on Instagram telling the customers if they buy a book that they get the photographs for free they will not know to add it to the cart and pretend to purchase it before it’s taken off their cart that is not the description of this code.
How do I just give something away for free with a promo code without the customer having to pretend or no to even buy it?
Thx
Lucy

Hello, Lucy! 

I appreciate your concern for the customer experience.

One option is to explain the promotion when you share it on Instagram. This can be as simple as something like, "Don't forget to add a McCartney Family Picture to your cart! Enter the discount code at checkout to get it free with your purchase." You can also add a banner on your online store and/or the same instruction on the applicable product pages for the duration of the promotion.

Alternatively, you can use one of the discount apps that offers a free gift with purchase feature to have the free item automatically added to the cart.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 31 61

@tuchicafe wrote:
GOT IT. THANKS!
Now I my owner discount is not working. I created that so I can buy and use as samples. Can you please help me with this one too?

Hi, @tuchicafe!

This discount appears to be working for me. I apologize if you received a text with a code from Shop Pay—I tested the discount code using one of the eligible email addresses, so it sent a notification to help you fill in the information at checkout. I used random information since I don't have access to the Shop Pay code, but as long as one of the eligible email addresses is used, it will work. I've blurred the contact and shipping information here for security purposes, but here's what the checkout looks like with the code applied using the first email address you listed:

20-08-si18h-7nxpk

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I created a coupon code using Klaviyo for newsletter subscribers. It is a 10% discount and has been activated in shopify discount codes too. I wanted to test it once so when I try to subscribe to newsletters on my website, I do not get any emails. I have tried so many times but still nothing. I have not launched my website yet. The name is pawsconcept.com.

Please let me know how I can solve this issue, I have tried pretty much everything.

Thank you.

0 Likes