Discount Code is not being applied

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have the same problem. Tried all sorts. Done automatic and code discounts and none of the them is working.

For the code one it tells me "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart".

Why do many people have the same problem?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
What Shopify does NOT tell you to tell the customer is that if it is a “buy one, get one” they have to have the “get one” item actually IN the cart as a potential purchase before the code will find the item at checkout and be applied.
See exact instructions we put on our site here…hope this helps…
https://mrsmccartneysteas.com/products/mccartney-family-picture-glossy-8x10
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 34 67

@milennet wrote:

I have the same problem. Tried all sorts. Done automatic and code discounts and none of the them is working.

For the code one it tells me "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart".

Why do many people have the same problem?

Thanks

Hi, @milennet!

Sorry to hear that your discount codes aren't working. I'm happy to help you out with this if you're still running into error messages in the checkout. 

Please note that if there is an automatic discount activated right now, that will take precedence and you will not be able to enter any manual codes in its place. Additionally, all products the discount code applies to need to be added to the cart first. So for example, if you have a BXGY promotion where you buy one t-shirt and get one hat free, both the t-shirt and the hat need to be in the cart for the discount to appear.

If you're able to, please share your discount code settings here along with a link to your store so I can test it out.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 34 67

@pawsconcept wrote:

Hello,

I created a coupon code using Klaviyo for newsletter subscribers. It is a 10% discount and has been activated in shopify discount codes too. I wanted to test it once so when I try to subscribe to newsletters on my website, I do not get any emails. I have tried so many times but still nothing. I have not launched my website yet. The name is pawsconcept.com.

Please let me know how I can solve this issue, I have tried pretty much everything.

Thank you.

Hi, @pawsconcept!

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your email marketing, not the discount code applying to the checkout. Is that correct? If you have created an email marketing campaign for new subscribers and it isn't being sent or received, I recommend that you start a topic here in the Ecommerce Marketing thread. If the 10% discount code you created isn't applying to the checkout, let me know and I'd be happy to take a look into that with you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 1 0

Got the answer ! I also encountered this problem. It turned out that the input quantity was incorrect. For example, the discount activity is to buy 6 get 1 free, and you must enter 7 instead of 6 when testing

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Sophia ,

I;m having problem to make shopify to apply my code. As the other seller I add a discount code buy x and get y . once at the checkout it say:  apply discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart .

The Item quantity is one and the product for free is one. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 34 67

@Avomask wrote:

Hi Sophia ,

I;m having problem to make shopify to apply my code. As the other seller I add a discount code buy x and get y . once at the checkout it say:  apply discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart .

The Item quantity is one and the product for free is one. 

Hi, @Avomask!

Are both the Buy X and Get Y items added to the cart before you proceed to the checkout? Regardless of whether this is an automatic discount or a discount code, all eligible items need to be added to the cart first in order for the discount to apply.

If you've already added both items to the cart and the discount still doesn't apply, please share a screenshot of the discount settings here if you can and I'd be happy to take a closer look with you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello! I know your post is old, but I'm replying in case it might help someone else.  I had that same error today "XXXX discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart" and I thought everything was configured properly.  Then I checked again, and I noticed that in the discount code configurations, under "Usage Limits",  I checked the box: "Limit number of times this discount can be used in total".  Since someone had already used the code, then obviously nobody else could use the discount code again.

So just make sure this box is unchecked.  Now it's working perfectly. 

0 Likes