Discount Code is not being applied

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2
Hello,

Unfortunately, no. I couldn’t ever figure it out. Im going to try a test
one tonight. I had to credit one of my customers back to honor it!
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi I have a similar problem on my store. On the first page of the checkout there is an option to enter the discount code.

Once the code is entered it doesn't apply the discount. However on the second checkout page, there is a place to enter the discount code in a tab, but you have to click to open it and then the discount code box is shown.

Once entered there it works. Do you know how to fix this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

Hi, @jdesantis.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Shopify provides a discount code field in the checkout. If you're seeing one in the cart page, it's likely either from a third-party theme, a third-party app, or custom code. Do you remember how you added the discount field to the cart page? Once I have more details on where it's coming from, I may be able to help you find out why it isn't connecting to the checkout.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello, 

I've created a discount code for test:

Price =  24,99 per unit 

T6D1VRA8QRFC
SuccessActive
  • Spend €40
    Get 3 items at 33% off
  • For everyone

for all products, 

I'm testing by purshasing 3 items with amount of 74,97 ... I got this error once I applied the coupon code : The code  T6D1VRA8QRFC is not valid for the products in your card 

Please support ! :) 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

Hi, @dshHope!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'd be happy to help you out with this.

When creating discounts in the Shopify admin, you'll be able to select a minimum purchase amount or a minimum quantity of items for the qualifying cart, but not both for the same discount code.

The information you've included here indicates that the discount you set up has both a minimum spend amount (€40) and a minimum purchase amount (3 items). If you've used an app to create the discount code instead of using the Discounts section in the Shopify admin, please let me know the name of the app and I'll take a closer look into the setup. 

Are you able to share your store URL here so I can test the discount code?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

Hey, @jdesantis!

Thanks for sharing your store URL. I added three items to the cart and entered the code T6D1VRA8QRFC on the cart page. When I got to the checkout, the T6D1VRA8QRFC code was overridden by an automatic discount (code VT_H4CJLHY3BZ). Any active automatic discounts will take precedence over manual discounts.

Where in your admin did you go to set up the T6D1VRA8QRFC code?

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thank you so much, 

is it possible to create multiple Coupon Code ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

Hey, @dshHope!

At this time, you'll need to use a third-party app to apply multiple discounts to the checkout at once. An app like Discounts Combine or Discount Ninja will allow you to stack discount codes in the checkout. Otherwise, Shopify's native discount codes cannot be stacked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I finally solved my issue. I had another app installed called Volume & Tiered Discounts. Always worked perfectly with other discounts, but then it started displaying cart totals wrong and automatic discounts stopped working altogether. Turned off the app and everything works correctly again.

Probably not the solution for everyone, but maybe someone.

0 Likes