Discount Code is not being applied

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same exact problem!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I am currently running the same issue with my website : lastminuterose.com 

The discount code of get X get Y free is 'galaxy'

I also made sure it varied on quantity and not fixed percentage amount.

Once I apply to the selected products and its time to test it shows up "Galaxy discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@ischavez9 wrote:

Hello, I am currently running the same issue with my website : lastminuterose.com 

The discount code of get X get Y free is 'galaxy'

I also made sure it varied on quantity and not fixed percentage amount.

Once I apply to the selected products and its time to test it shows up "Galaxy discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart.

Hi, @ischavez9!

Sophia here from Shopify. I ran into the same issue when I added two of the Enchanted Rose In a Glass™ product to my cart and tried to use the 'galaxy' code. Is the code meant to apply to any two products (add two products to the cart to buy 1 and get 1 free)? If so, the conditions for the 'galaxy' code under Discounts in your admin should look something like this:20-04-j0s53-ewa88

In this example, I've created a discount in my test store that applies to a collection called "ALL" that contains all of my products. Whether you've chosen "Specific products" or "Specific collections", ensure that you have checked off all of the products or collections that you want the 'galaxy' discount to apply to. If you've reviewed the conditions and it seems that the quantity and selected products or collections are correct, please let me know and I would be happy to take a closer look into the discount settings for your 'galaxy' code.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

My discount code isn’t working either I really need some help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@Killzco wrote:

My discount code isn’t working either I really need some help

Hey, @Killzco!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your discount code isn't working, but I would be happy to help you resolve this. The original issue in this particular thread was that a manual discount code hadn't been added to the checkout. Manual discount codes need to be added by the customer at the checkout in order to apply to the cart. If you're experiencing something different, I would encourage you to post a new topic here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm also having trouble with my automatic discount code. I believe I have entered all the required fields correctly and the Buy X Get Y Free is active but not showing up in the shopping cart or at checkout? Have spent a lot of time on this, watched several tutorials and am unsure where I'm going wrong! 

Can't seem to find any answers anywhere.

www.skinessentialsaustralia.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@annelisanorton wrote:

I'm also having trouble with my automatic discount code. I believe I have entered all the required fields correctly and the Buy X Get Y Free is active but not showing up in the shopping cart or at checkout? Have spent a lot of time on this, watched several tutorials and am unsure where I'm going wrong! 

Can't seem to find any answers anywhere.

www.skinessentialsaustralia.com

Hey, @annelisanorton!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I took a look at your website but I don't see the details about the Buy X Get Y promotion noted there. Can you tell me a bit more about the conditions of the automatic discount you created? I see mention on your Facebook and Instagram pages of "discounted prices and FREE delivery" as well as a free satin lined jewel bag with the purchase of any two products, but I don't see the jewel bag product on the website.

In order for an automatic discount to work, all items outlined in the discount settings need to to be added to the cart first. If the BXGY promotion in this case is to buy any two products and get the jewel bag for free, that product needs to be added in the "Customer gets" section of the discount settings. Here's an example of what the discount settings might look like under Discounts > Automatic discounts in the admin: 

06-05-ett1h-53xbk

Once I know the specifics of the offer, I can test it out on your website and help you troubleshoot if something isn't working as expected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having similar problems with my discounts not working. I have tried a manual discount with a code and an automatic discount and neither seem to work.

My discount is a buy x get y free discount. I have used a code and that fails saying "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart", and automatic discount for exactly the same products buy x get y free just doesn't apply the discount on completion of the order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@HomeGolfAus wrote:

I am having similar problems with my discounts not working. I have tried a manual discount with a code and an automatic discount and neither seem to work.

My discount is a buy x get y free discount. I have used a code and that fails saying "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart", and automatic discount for exactly the same products buy x get y free just doesn't apply the discount on completion of the order.

Hi, @HomeGolfAus!

Sophia here from Shopify. Is the discount code for specific products only? Keep in mind that automatic discounts will only apply if all items have been added to the cart first. For example, if the discount is to buy any 2 products and get 1 free, the customer needs to add all 3 products to the cart before the discount can apply.

For the manual code you created, the "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart" error should only appear if there were restrictions on the code that the cart contents don't match, such as minimum quantity of items or minimum purchase amount.

If you're able to share your store link and screenshots of the discount code settings here, I would be happy to do some troubleshooting. If you'd prefer, I can also send you an email to look into the account from my end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Sophia,

Thank you for the response.

My code is a single buy one get one free. My website is homegolf.com.au. The product you need to buy is a Mevo+ (there is both a Mevo and Mevo+ listed on the site, it is for the Mevo+ that the code/automatic discount applies). With the purchase of a Mevo+ you are supposed to get  Budget Impact Screen. I have tried to set this up using the discount code #IMPACT first, but this wasn't working so I figured the hashtag may have been the issue, so I changed the code to IMPACTME. This code gave the error message IMPACTME discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart. I then tried to set it up as an automatic discount. I deleted the discount code discount first, then set up a new automatic discount. My preferred setup is using a discount code as I only want people who see my Facebook ad to receive the discount. 

This is the Automatic Discount code setup.

autodiscountcode.png

autodiscountcodea.png

I have now setup the discount code again (I had deleted it) and have screenshots of the discount code setup below:

autodiscountcodeB.pngautodiscountcodeC.pngautodiscountcodeD.png

This is the error message I get when using the discount code.

autodiscountcodee.png

Let me know how you go. I have disabled the automatic discount and made the discount code active as this is the one I want to work.

Thanks.

0 Likes