Discount Code is not being applied

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@HomeGolfAus wrote:

Sophia,

Thank you for the response.

My code is a single buy one get one free. My website is homegolf.com.au. The product you need to buy is a Mevo+ (there is both a Mevo and Mevo+ listed on the site, it is for the Mevo+ that the code/automatic discount applies). With the purchase of a Mevo+ you are supposed to get  Budget Impact Screen. I have tried to set this up using the discount code #IMPACT first, but this wasn't working so I figured the hashtag may have been the issue, so I changed the code to IMPACTME. This code gave the error message IMPACTME discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart. I then tried to set it up as an automatic discount. I deleted the discount code discount first, then set up a new automatic discount. My preferred setup is using a discount code as I only want people who see my Facebook ad to receive the discount. 

This is the Automatic Discount code setup.

autodiscountcode.png

autodiscountcodea.png

I have now setup the discount code again (I had deleted it) and have screenshots of the discount code setup below:

autodiscountcodeB.pngautodiscountcodeC.pngautodiscountcodeD.png

This is the error message I get when using the discount code.

autodiscountcodee.png

Let me know how you go. I have disabled the automatic discount and made the discount code active as this is the one I want to work.

Thanks.

Hi, @HomeGolfAus!

Thank you so much for sharing the promotion details as well as the screenshots here. It looks like you've set everything up correctly. The issue in this case is that the Budget Impact Screen hasn't been added to the cart. In order for automatic discounts or manual Buy X Get Y discounts  to apply, all eligible items need to be added to the cart first. I found the Budget Impact Screen product on the store by searching for it, but I can see that it's currently listed as out of stock. Inventory will need to be added so that customers can add the product to their cart and apply the discount code.

If you would prefer to keep the Budget Impact Screen hidden and have it automatically add to the cart when a customer proceeds to checkout with the Mevo+ product, one of the third-party apps for adding a free gift should help you achieve this. Discount Ninja, Automatic Discounts App, and Ultimate Special Offers are a few popular options that might work for you in this case.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I had created discount it is showing active also but when i tried to chect it out it is not applying my site xenerals.com/3in1wirelesscharger
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@Patilakshay wrote:
I had created discount it is showing active also but when i tried to chect it out it is not applying my site xenerals.com/3in1wirelesscharger

Hi, @Patilakshay!

Sophia here from Shopify. Can you please provide more information about the discount code you created? The following information will allow me and others in the community to help you troubleshoot the issue:

• Is the discount manual or automatic?
  • What type of promotion is being offered (%, $, free shipping, or Buy X Get Y)?
  • Which products or collections is the discount limited to (if any)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Manual code buy one get one
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@Patilakshay wrote:
Manual code buy one get one

Okay, great! With manual Buy X Get Y discount codes, all applicable items need to be added to the cart, and the customer will need to manually enter the code at checkout in order for the discount to apply. For example, if the promotion is "Buy one Best 3 In 1 Wireless Charger, get one free", the customer needs to add two Best 3 In 1 Wireless Chargers to the cart and then manually enter the code to receive the discount.

If you've tested that process and it still isn't working, please let me know what error message you're seeing at the checkout and I can investigate further from there. It would also be helpful to see the discount conditions you've set under the Discounts section in the admin to determine the cause of the issue.

0 Likes