Discount Field Not Available On Checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have in the past used the discount code within shopify for my customers, but it appears that for some reason the option to enter a discount code at checkout has now disappeared. I've looked through the page settings etc and can't find anything to indicate it can be enabled / disabled. I also found a forum post which suggests you must have active discounts for it to appear , and even with an active discount code , the option is still not available.

Can somebody point me in the right direction without the need for another app as this was working previously with the standard shopify discount functionality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 34 73

Hi, @kierang.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

You definitely do not need an app to enable the discount code field. It should be present in the checkout regardless of whether there are any active discount codes or automatic discounts on the store. However, it looks a little bit different on desktop as opposed to mobile, so I want to share some examples of how it should look on different devices.

On desktop, the discount code field will appear on the right-hand side of the page between the list of products in the cart and the total cost:

20-11-rdix3-40j43

On a mobile device, the discount code field appears under Show order summary. These two screenshots display what the mobile checkout looks like before and after tapping on the Show order summary option:

Screen

I'd like to take a look at the store with you to find out what happened to the discount code field at checkout. Can you share your store link with me here?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,

I managed to get it working since I posted this question. I believe the end
time on my discount might have been incorrectly set and so expired before I
expected it to.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 34 73

Great to hear that the discount code field is visible in the checkout again! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes