Discount code not working

Highlighted
1 0 0

None of our discount codes will work.  We tried several things, deleted, new codes, different products but it won’t work.  We are currently using automatic discounts and they work fine.

Any idea why our codes don’t work?  The one we  first noticed is JULY15 but again we tried several new ones and no luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
719 88 125

Hi, @Purjuices,

Hank here from Shopify.

What error messages are you getting when trying to use the discounts, and is it discount codes from within the admin? 

You mentioned automatic discounts are working, which may mean you are referring to manual discount codes. One important thign to note, is that discount codes cannot be stacked natively within the admin, meaning that only one discount code can be used at once.

If you are looking for the use of multiple discounts, there are some third-party apps that offer this function. I have some apps here for you.

However, if you are not stacking your discounts, can you let me know the error you are seeing, or if you can share your store URL I can take a look also.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

I've had the same problem for awhile -- a coupon code that was working, no longer works.   There are no minimuns nor other requirements, and no expiration date -- yet, it has ceased working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We are having a problem trying to activate a code for a  Buy X Get Y, promo. It is not working, we´ve tried, deactivating it, deleting other codes...but nothing seems to work. The code is BACK2SCHOOL. Please advice...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, can you please help me? I have the same issue. I have a discount code of 20% for selected collections and it just does not appear at checkout! this is a nightmare! I'm opening the shop just now and the discount is a part of it and it does not work. 

Please help!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, SOInteriors

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you, we are working to fix it. Please send us a screenshot and description of the product you are trying to purchase in order to solve the problem. 

Thank you

Hernan

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I have set up 3 different manual  discount codes for when a client spends over £40 in the UK, Over £100 in Europe and another for over £120 US, AUS & Canada. 

The UK ones have stopped working when automatically being applied at checkout. You can now only type in the discount code rather than it being applied automatically. 

I tested this with the European code and clicked the box to limit the use to one use only and it then stopped working automatically at checkout and applied the postage. I then unticked the box so the settings were back to normal and the postage has still been applied and it will not work unless you enter the code at checkout. 

I have not amended the over £120 code and this works fine and it still applied at checkout automatically. 

Please help! 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same issue, none of my discount codes are working... The codes where working on Thursday but Saturday none of them are working. I have set them up with no restriction. 

1 - Paid without a discount code is working fine

2 - add the code and it's not working

So why is this? Please respond asap

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello,

My store is backspacerrecords.com. I received a couple of reports from two customers having trouble using my RSDGOLD discount code. One customer used a desktop, the other one mobile, and they both reported to me that when they click the APPLY button, the page refreshes and the code disappears.

It's very weird because other customers were able to use the code without any problem.

I noticed that Shopify has updated to a new version as it looks a bit different to me now. Is this a possible bug due to the update? 

Please help us.

Thank you!

0 Likes