Discount offer of free shipping EXCLUDING certain products

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello all,

I am wanting to create a discount that offers free shipping on orders over $75, but exclude certain products in my store from the offer.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey, Joe, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

When it comes to our free shipping discount code, there currently isn't an option to specify that you don't want to apply it to certain products. When you create a discount code for free shipping, it can only be applied to an entire order. That said, I can pass this as feedback along to our team for you, can you tell me a bit more about why you want to create a discount code like this? 

Alternatively, you can try creating a free shipping rate in your shipping settings, you can use price or weight to make it specific to certain products only. Check out the steps on how to do that on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
194 2 9

Hi Joe,

I see that you have the concern on free shipping discount. After you set up a free shipping code successfully, you may need an app to show shipping notifications on your store. If you want to use an app to display the free shipping notifications, you can install Shipping Bar Master. This app will help you make full use of free shipping codes to expand the order value.

Have a good time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 23

@Ann I think it makes a lot of sense to exclude certain items from free shipping, for example because they simply can't be shipped at all. I was wondering if you ended up passing on some feedback to your team and what happened to the feedback. Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 611

Hi @Bram1987,

Nick here from Shopify just following up from Ann's reply above. 

I can see exactly what you mean by it making sense to be able to exclude certain items from free shipping. This is still something that isn't available as Ann mentioned. What I will do however is send another feature request on your behalf. The more store owners who discuss a feature like this help its cause for future development. Thank you for your feedback and letting us know why it would be beneficial for you and your store. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 23

Hi @Nick that is great, as expected though nothing happened with the request. Just this week again someone ordered a chair with free shipping despite us being unable to do that for free. Of course, the fact that this was mentioned in the product description does not stop customers from ordering the item and select free shipping. Why would they?

I just can't understand what's so difficult about this. It's the simplest of rules. Just exclude one group of products from the free shipping rule.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53
Hey @Bram1987,

One workaround may be to move products that do not qualify for free shipping into a separate shipping profile. You can then create a separate set of rates for these items that will then blend with the shipping rate for the rest of your products that may qualify for free shipping.

The only drawback would be if these items typically ship together, having them split into separate profiles could double up the shipping cost for the customer when it may not be the actual case.

If you're open to using a third-party app, Intuitive Shipping can certainly handle this type of setup. You can hide your free shipping behind a set of conditions such as Collection > Does Not Equal > Chairs which will prevent free shipping from appearing if a certain type of product is in the cart.
https://apps.shopify.com/intuitive-shipping

Let me know if you have any questions about either approach.

Cheers,
Joel.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 14

For GOODNESS SAKE!

Can you PLEASE HEAR YOUR CUSTOMERS ASKING FOR REQUESTS AND UPDATES TO FUNCTIONALITY

and then....

Implement??????????

The ability to apply Free Shipping to specific products is a no-brainer.

Site Wide Free shipping is common.

BUT not having the ability to exclude products (ie: discounted ones, new ones, lower priced items) MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

What are we waiting for exactly?

(I can help program it, if the dev team is too busy?)

Sincerely,

TIRED OF HAVING TO SEARCH AND PAY FOR APPS - When our partner and platform Shopify Should Handle for us!

PS:

Same Goes for BOGO.

If Customer Purchases X, they get X Free - AUTOMATICALLY!!!! Bam! in the cart it goes!

Not require them to select their Get Free item!

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hire this man! @Steve_Coulton Having conditions on your discount codes is a a no brainer! What do we need to do to get this fixed??