Displaying number of orders on product page

2 0 0

Hi all,

I need to work out how to display the number of orders that have been taken for a specific product on the actual product page.  This is because we make everything to order and may only elect to make a product if a certain number are purchased.

Therefore I would like to show something like:

Number of orders required: 10
Number of orders taken: 8

Does anybody know how this could be achieved?

Thanks,
Mat.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 0 5

Hey Mat,

Matt from Shopify here! Hope things are going well today. In regards to your question there won't be a way currently to add that information right to the product page (would require a platform wide change). I'll submit a feature request on your behalf, so if/when it becomes available this forum post will be notified directly. :) 

But for a "right now" solution here is what you can consider. Out of the box with us starting on our professional plan you would have access to our "reporting" feature. You can run a product sales report and see the total quantity purchased within a certain period (orders taken). Here is an example from my test store what the report will look like (file attached or viewable by clicking here). More information on our reports can be found here.

You could also look to a 3rd party app from out store that would provide more functionality in this area. One option to consider is called, "Stitch Labs": (https://apps.shopify.com/stitch-labs). Other inventory management apps can be viewed by clicking here. Each 3rd party app will have its own support team, so for direct questions about functions of the app it will be best to reach out to them directly. :) Contact info can be found on each apps page. 

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the [rest of our support team 24/7!](http://docs.shopify.com/support)

Cheers,
Matt Sharpe l Shopify Guru

0 Likes
2 0 0

I sorted it using a small app that allowed me to add custom attributes to the product.  I add a custom attributed called goal.  I can tell how many have been sold by simply looking at the remaining inventory.  By adding a custom attribute with the total we started with I can subtract one from the other I get how many have been sold. Simple really.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! Which app do you use for displaying number of orders per each product? Thank you very much

0 Likes
Tourist
32 0 1
I'm also looking for an app which will display on the product page the number of time this product was ordered.
Anyone has an app to do this?
0 Likes