Displaying shipping cost in view basket?

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi,

What i am looking to do is to have a bit of an order breakdown in the view basket page. As shown below i have managed to show the price excluding vat and including vat. What i would also like to show below this is what the shipping method and/or cost is, and then the overall total (price including vat PLUS shipping method = x)

In addition to or instead of, I would also like to show the shipping cost on the product page?

Each product has just one shipping cost set up based on the weight of the product so the cost of the shipping will never vary. I have a collect in store option on all products and then a delivery cost.

Ideally i would like to do this via coding and not apps as they are slowing my page response/load time. Is this something that can be done? I am only just starting so hiring someone to do the work would not be an option. I appreciate i may be asking for the impossible.

Untitled.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This is an issue I had as we found out that the sudden high charges that UPS are charging international customers was putting them off so I used an app to show the price in the basket to forwarn customers about the shipping costs. 

2020-03-22 00_03_48-.png

I know you said you'd rather use code but when I was looking into it it seemed that it was easier said than done as it was a matter of using geolocation to see where the customer was and give a price estimate of your shipping fees. To do this you would probably need to host a database with a list of all prices per country and it was just too much farce for what we needed. 

If you are interested in the app it's called  Shipping Rates Calculator Plus

:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi @Joe90 

Thank you for the reply. I do see what you are saying, but we only ship to one country and each product has its own shipping cost which is worked out by weight. So there wouldn't be a need to work out the cost when shipping to another country. I basically need code to work out/display what the shipping method/cost is for the product based on the weight.

So for example i would sell product X and display it as a weight of 1KG. On my shipping rates a 1KG product would be X shipping cost. Product Y would be displayed at 20KG and the shipping cost for a 20KG product would be Y. And so on. So i would need it to show that product X is in the basket and weights X, therefore i know the shipping cost of weight X is X and would then display this.

0 Likes