Disputing a chargeback resolution?

Highlighted
2 0 0

We received a chargeback for "items not received" but had a ton of evidence showing that the items were actually received. They ordered a digital item, and that was shown as downloaded by the customer. They also ordered a print item, which according to the tracking, was also shown as delivered. We received no emails from the customer, and this was not their first time ordering and emailing us, so they knew how to email. They just never did.

We sent all of this evidence, with screenshots, in a response to the customer's bank. Weeks later, the resolution is that they side with the customer. Despite zero evidence on her behalf.

Can we go higher than this to get our money back? And not get charged a ridiculous chargeback fee when we are clearly in the right? It's so so frustrating to have this happen, especially during quarantine when our sales are already down.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good luck with this.  Same thing happened to us.  Google Maps even shows the item we sold our customer on their building.

It was with American Express, so I called them up asking why they would rule in favor of the customer even though our evidence shows the customer has the item.  They said with shopify (or any merchant processor) they do submit a reason why it was ruled one way or another and the ability to counter the ruling.  Shopify does not provide this to their store owners nor the option to dispute the ruling, which I think is very unfair (class action lawsuit?) and the only response I get from shopify help is "sorry, we are not able to give any additional information".

0 Likes