Do I have to pay $40/month for Shopify payment

Highlighted
5 0 0
Even on a month where I don’t sell much?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

Hi, @Mlkz!

Great question. The Shopify plan is a monthly subscription that will charge you every 30 days regardless of whether a sale has been processed. The subscription costs are to ensure your site remains online and accessible while also offering you a variety of tools and services to help manage your store.   

Have you started selling and are seeing a dip in your sales? If yes, let me know as I'd be happy to explore the marketing tactics you've already tried, and provide insight into what other options you may have to help drive traffic to your store. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

On another note, since I used Shopify to register my domain name, can I set up a separate email address with my domain through Shopify. I'd like to set up an email address as lg@

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

@Mlkz 

That depends! If you're looking for a full email client, then you would need to use services such as Zoho or Gsuite as we do not currently provide a full email service natively. However, we do offer email forwarding, which allows you to create an email with your custom domain, which would forward any emails sent to that email to an email of your choice. Replies to those emails would showcase the email it was delivered to, and not the email with your business name. Email forwarding is only available to domains purchased through or transferred to Shopify. 

There should be emails set up by default; however, you can edit, add or delete these emails by going to Online Store/Domains, then clicking on your domain. We also have a handy help doc here that dives into the steps needed to get email forwarding set up. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes