Do I need a shipping App like Endicia, or should I just use Shopify shipping for my small home-based

3 0 0

I just moved my shop, www.glad.is  from WP to Shopify, and am ALMOST ready to launch, but I'm overwhelmed by trying to figure out how to manage shipping.   I was going to go with Endicia, but is there a reason to pay another $16/month for yet another app, or will Shopify shipping do?   I estimate shipping about 30-40 orders per day, mostly in US, I ship from Montana so will likely use USPS anyway.  Will using Endicia or others save me money, or time, or why use them?      I appreciate any advice - I just spent hours googling for answers/help and don't see answers out there. thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 4 5

Hello,

You can use shopify shipping.  I have never tried Endicia, only through shipstation. But shopify has some pretty low rates for me. I used to use USPS, but now i use UPS

You can also use the shopify toolbox to see which rate is cheaper.   here is the link   https://www.shopify.com/toolbox/shipping/calculator

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you - a quick price check looks like Endicia or Shipstation are maybe a dollar cheaper per package.   I'm wondering if there is some functionality /something that makes shipping easier   - that these apps provide that Shopify does not?  Does anyone have experience trying both? 

@ElPotrero wrote:

Hello,

You can use shopify shipping.  I have never tried Endicia, only through shipstation. But shopify has some pretty low rates for me. I used to use USPS, but now i use UPS

You can also use the shopify toolbox to see which rate is cheaper.   here is the link   https://www.shopify.com/toolbox/shipping/calculator

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks!  Does anyone else have experience?  I see lots of Shopify stores using Endica.   what is the benefit of a shipping app vs. Shopify shipping... why use them?      I appreciate any advice - I just spent hours googling for answers/help and don't see answers out there. thanks!

0 Likes