Do I need a shipping App like Endicia, or should I just use Shopify shipping for my small home-based

Highlighted
3 0 0

I just moved my shop, www.glad.is  from WP to Shopify, and am ALMOST ready to launch, but I'm overwhelmed by trying to figure out how to manage shipping.   I was going to go with Endicia, but is there a reason to pay another $16/month for yet another app, or will Shopify shipping do?   I estimate shipping about 30-40 orders per day, mostly in US, I ship from Montana so will likely use USPS anyway.  Will using Endicia or others save me money, or time, or why use them?      I appreciate any advice - I just spent hours googling for answers/help and don't see answers out there. thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 4 6

Hello,

You can use shopify shipping.  I have never tried Endicia, only through shipstation. But shopify has some pretty low rates for me. I used to use USPS, but now i use UPS

You can also use the shopify toolbox to see which rate is cheaper.   here is the link   https://www.shopify.com/toolbox/shipping/calculator

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you - a quick price check looks like Endicia or Shipstation are maybe a dollar cheaper per package.   I'm wondering if there is some functionality /something that makes shipping easier   - that these apps provide that Shopify does not?  Does anyone have experience trying both? 

@ElPotrero wrote:

Hello,

You can use shopify shipping.  I have never tried Endicia, only through shipstation. But shopify has some pretty low rates for me. I used to use USPS, but now i use UPS

You can also use the shopify toolbox to see which rate is cheaper.   here is the link   https://www.shopify.com/toolbox/shipping/calculator

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks!  Does anyone else have experience?  I see lots of Shopify stores using Endica.   what is the benefit of a shipping app vs. Shopify shipping... why use them?      I appreciate any advice - I just spent hours googling for answers/help and don't see answers out there. thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Endicia app helps you manage USPS shipping. This includes importing orders into endicia, printing USPS labels and sending the tracking details to customers. The app also provides discounted rates for USPS (don't know whether it's cheaper than Shopify). There are other apps like Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that will help you automate the shipping process along with your own carrier accounts. Also, such apps allows you to calculate rates based on different conditions like zone, price, quantity, weight, etc, which is not available in apps like endicia or shopify shipping.

I would suggest you to directly use your own USPS account (or stamps USPS) along with an app like Multi Carrier Shipping app, since you have 30-40 orders a day. You can easily get discounted rates directly from USPS and the app helps you fully automate the shipping process including displaying rates at checkout, printing shipping labels in bulk and also automating the tracking process.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes